D&D 4E 4E Character Optimization WOTC rescue Handbook Guide

MwaO

Adventurer
Added some more direct web-archive links. In particular, Miscibility Table: Hybrid Handbook and Shoot to Thrill. You want 50 or so optimized hybrid builds to look at? They're right there and clickable(I think)

Just a heads up - some of the material in the web archive links is what I'd call more questionable than what's already listed. A couple of posters were famous for pushing literal RAW over obvious RAW, so just be warned. If you see something by Cazzeo, LDB, dkay, Auspex, Litigation, GrandTheftGreyhawk, MCDrowbane(and others), or any of the main handbook writers, should be fully legitimate.

darkbard

Legend
Thanks for staying on top of this, MwaO! We've had some good discussions recently over on GitP about some other, perhaps less completely optimized but stille effective and interesting builds. Any chance you might update your in-play builds thread or post a separate thread with some of these more unusual builds?

MwaO

Adventurer
Thanks for staying on top of this, MwaO! We've had some good discussions recently over on GitP about some other, perhaps less completely optimized but stille effective and interesting builds. Any chance you might update your in-play builds thread or post a separate thread with some of these more unusual builds?

How's that? :)

darkbard

Legend
[Insert superlative here.] The optimization guides and builds are all super useful; but there is a real need, I think, for strong builds that are interesting but won't blow away the typical table. Your Frankenbuilds thread goes a long way towards this. I hope others will join in the fun.

LightWarden

Explorer
Well, the good news is that the Wizards Migrator seems to work perfectly fine with the copies of the posts stored in the Wayback Machine.

Though for some reason attempting to load the Thief Handbook from the Wayback Machine causes the program to hang on the conversion part. :confused:

darkbard

Legend
[MENTION=6803540]LightWarden[/MENTION]: You seem to have added the handbooks for the Scout, Slayer, and At-Will enhancing to the 5th Edition News, Rules, and House Rules forum, though, obviously, they belong in this thread. Perhaps MwaO can paste the info or links in the initial posts here?

MwaO

Adventurer
Included the Scout/Slayer.

The at-will here doesn't really belong. Most handbooks have the information presented with the added bonus of being clear about the value of the options, both the at-will and other choices.

Remove ads