D&D 5E The Guides have not been updated with the SCAG.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
To build on what [MENTION=6801209]mellored[/MENTION] said, on the WotC boards if a guide was abandoned and there was significant new material, people would do a whole new one and the newer ones get listed higher in the stickied index. People also would do more focused guides, like on just one facet or subclass. For example, regardless if [MENTION=55582]Treantmonklvl20[/MENTION] is active (he is, thankfully), someone wanting to do a bladesinger mini-guide would have been welcome. We've always been politer than there, I hope we can be as inclusive.

Kithas

First Post
On a slightly similar note, are there any holes? Like guide topics that could be written about, I have a lot of knowledge of the rules and love to help/be helpful but I don't like being redundant. I have a couple ideas but if anyone sees a need I'd love the suggestion.

TheBigHouse

Explorer
On a slightly similar note, are there any holes? Like guide topics that could be written about, I have a lot of knowledge of the rules and love to help/be helpful but I don't like being redundant. I have a couple ideas but if anyone sees a need I'd love the suggestion.

I'd love to see a new updated grapple guide. New classes, races, rules clarifications, and spells have come out since the last one was made.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Someday I will update my conjuration guide but it probably won't be until at least January.

Very tempted to rate Bladesinger as gold for that, though I think I might just have new-stuff-fever. +Int to concentration checks twice per short rest is a huge boost, and an arguably easy dip for other conjuring classes to take.

I did in fact do a Blade Singer mini-guide after SCAG came out. There is a link to it from my Wizard's guide, but this link will take you there as well:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1THbYJ1Qb3pnAKB4K-Rx3Bsxx2vH4pm_NosDlTQ8vQRE/edit

Summary: The Bladesinger is very potent, multiclasses very nicely with Rogue, or as a straight caster. However, I was a bit let down by some of the design/style choices. From an optimization standpoint however, I think it is one of the better traditions.

Last edited:

Remove ads