D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

Not sure whether KS has chosen Solace or Speck. Still waiting to hear.

Though, yeah, as to the rest...true dat, g-money.Oh, wait. No open pits here. But there are spider webs overlooking a vast chasm. That might work?

Please, no linguistic jibes about how a "pit" is a type of "chasm." Sigh. Rules lawyers.

Couple things:

1.) Trinkets. No one's selected a trinket. Want me to come up with them and dole them out?

2.) My main priority this week (other than to survive the contentious hearing I have on Friday) is, first, to vet all five character sheets (two down, three to go!), and, second, to post more information about your fellow NPC prisoners. The NPC gallery in the Community contains pics and short snippets of info, but I am planning to add just a few more details here and there. It is highly unlikely we will see our IC kick off this week, buuuut...I won't rule it out. I might do it on the weekend, before I jet for my conference.

GlassEye

Adventurer
YYKIvj.jpg

[SBLOCK=Raza Thulcandra (Halfling Druid 3)]
Name: Raza Thulcandra
Daughter of the Third Circle of the Mysteries of Tabla, the Mother Night
Sex: Female
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class/Level: Druid 3
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (halfling)
Init: +2
Speed: 25ft
Senses:
Passive Perception: 14
Languages Common, Halfling, Druidic, Elvish

DEFENSE
AC:
15 (Leather, wooden shield)
HP: 24 (3d8 +6 con)
Saves: Intelligence and Wisdom
Special Defenses:

OFFENSE
Melee: Scimitar +4 Attack, 1d6+2 Slashing
Ranged: Sling +4 Attack, 1d4+2 Bludgeoning
Special Attacks: Spell Attack +4; Spell Save DC 12

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 15 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 12 (+1)

SPELLS
Spell Save DC: 12
Cantrips Known (3): Druidcraft, Produce Flame, Mold Earth

Spell Slots: 4, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
Slots Used: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Spells Prepared: Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle), Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Darkvision, Flame Blade

SKILLS (Proficient in bold) 2 Druid, 2 background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+1 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight
+1 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
+2 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+2 (wis) Survival

RACIAL FEATURES
Lucky: When Raza rolls a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, she can reroll the check but must use the new roll.
Brave: Raza has advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: Raza can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than hers.
Naturally Stealthy: Raza can attempt to hide even when she is obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than her.
Languages: Common, Halfling

CLASS FEATURES
Druidic: Raza knows Druidic, the secret language of druids, and can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. She and others who know Druidic can automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message’s presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can’t decipher it without magic.
Spellcasting:
- Cantrips:
Raza knows 2 cantrips: Druidcraft, Produce Flame
- Preparing and Casting Spells: Raza can prepare five spells of 1st and 2nd level.
- Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom. The saving throw DC to resist a spell Raza casts is 8 + prof. bonus + Wis modifier (12). Raza’s attack bonus when she makes an attack with a spell is prof. bonus + Wis modifier (+4).
- Ritual Casting: Raza may cast druid spells as a ritual if they are prepared and have the ritual tag
- Spellcasting Focus: Raza can use a druidic focus (Obsidion heart) as a spellcasting focus.
Wild Shape: Raza can assume the shape of a beast that she has seen before. She may use this feature twice and may regain expended uses when she finishes a short or long rest. Limits: ¼ CR, no flying or swimming speed, to max hours of half druid level rounded down (1 hr).
The Mysteries of Tabla: (Circle of the Land (Mountain))
Bonus Cantrip: Raza learns an additional cantrip: Mold Earth
Natural Recovery: Raza can regain some magical energy by communing with Tabla. During a short rest, she can recover expended spell slots with a combined level that is equal to half druid level (rounded up) of 5th level or lower.
Circle Spells: Gains access to and always prepared: spider climb, spike growth.
Proficiencies Armor: Light & medium armor and shields (non-metal); Weapons: clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears; Tools: Herbalism kit; Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom; Skills: Insight, Perception.

BACKGROUND FEATURES: Daughter of the Mother Night (custom)
Skill Proficiencies: Religion, Stealth
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves’ tools
Languages: Elvish
Equipment: as Soldier
Feature (Ear to the Ground): Raza is in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that her chosen quarries move through. These people might be associated with the criminal underworld, the rough and tumble folk of the streets, or members of high society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area.

Traits: Raza sees omens in every event and action. The Mother Night shows us the path, we must use our discernment to see the way she has laid out for us. The direct path is rarely the best path to success.
Ideal: Tradition. The ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld.
Bond: Raza owes her life to the Daughter, now Most Favored, who took her in and raised her when she was a foundling.
Flaw: Raza sees others as pawns to be manipulated to achieve her goals.

Combat Gear:
Leather armor
Wooden shield
Scimitar
Druidic focus: Obsidion heart (a heart-shaped piece of obsidion)

Other Gear: A secret insignia of rank, a trophy taken from her first kill (a lock of hair), a set of bone dice, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch
Trinket: A pyramid of sticky black incense that smells very bad
Wish List: Any of the gear listed above if we don’t have it, a ranged weapon (sling, darts, or daggers), thieves’ tools, herbalism kit

Money: 10 gp

Carrying Capacity: 120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs

Backstory:

Upon the steps of the Monastery of the Daughters on Mount Tabla was found a basket containing a serene babe, a girl-child of the halfling race. She was taken in and raised in the mysteries of the Mother Night and because she had no known history was named Raza Thulcandra, which means ‘empty, quiet vessel’.

Raza served the Mother Night at the monastery and in the world beyond the black mountain applying her keen vision and sharp knife to excise the evils of society. Then, in her 111th year, Raza left the world behind, including her family, and returned to the monastery to descend through the secret ways to return to the womb of Tabla and be reborn into a new life of service.

She found a new life though not the one she was expecting. Captured and imprisoned by a race of creatures formed in the likeness of the holy icons of the Mother Night, Raza discovered a number of questions concerning the founding of the Monastery, its purpose, and its link to these ‘drow’ that she resolved to put to the Most Favored Daughter after her escape.

Image by: Sukanto Debnath; CC
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Can't sleep.

GE-- Raza is wonderful. She's a dark wild thing, terrifying for the stillness of her focus and prescience, and I'll be interested to see which way you go on her alignment. Love how she went into the bowels of the mountain on a vision quest (my words, not yours), seeking knowlege, and the disquieting portent of Raza having "questions" for the Daughter; Raza is not to be trifled with. In alluding to a possible relationship between the Daughter and the drow, you've gifted me a killer plot device, so thanks for that. I will vet her this evening, after work.

IG-- I owe you a response in PM. I'm going to attempt to get a bit more sleep, and will have a more thorough look at my inbox once I'm awake and have coffee in my system.

All: Out of county hearing this afternoon, will be present off and on this morning, then out of pocket Hearing's off. I'll be knocking around here and there this afternoon.

Last edited:

Remove ads