Assault on Dire Wood

Fascinating... I second Ydadoras, These are devils named Cambion, One can be fooled by them to be a winged Orc
Says Kesem. By now, he saw devils and demons in the tomes in the academy. He dismounts and begin to investigate, memorising features and look so he will be able to jot them down when they arrive to a safe place. He cuts off a fang and a claw, wrapping them with a piece of cloth he took from one of the Orcs for later investigation.

Arcane and Religion rolls: 1d20+7 25 1d20+4 14

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dorn nods in satisfaction as Bumble and Yann celebrate the victory. He proceeds to recover the 3 silvered arrows he shot and missed with, and tried to recover the normal arrow he used, still planted in the first Cambion that fell.

OOC: Please let me know how many are recovered and in what state (broken or not). If broken, Dorn will ask a spell caster to mend it, if possible

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dorn gets closer to the dead Cambions carrying his arrows. One is obviously broken, and he says to the spellcasters, but to no one in particular "Can one of you cast a spell to fix it? I would be much obliged, and it'll come in handy if and when we bump into more of these guys..."

He then searches for loot on the Cambions and the orcs. He'll lay out anything interesting or of value he finds, for all to see.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Yann made a show of toppling over backwards from the halfling maid's small push, dramatically crashing into dead leaves. "And his cleric's pretty powerful too!"

He too was smiling.

As the others started discussing 'cambions', Yann rolled back to a crouch with a chuckle - a move remarkably suited to his general shape - and started going through the orc's belongings -- THEIR belongings now. "Pretty weird they didn't know those powers wouldn't work here," he off-handedly commented to Ydadoras and the others.

OOC: Search the four dead orcs for anything of value or interest, please 3Spd.

<Assuming Bumble communicates her findings:

"Uh? The boots?" He ripped off the furry things from their former owner's smelly green feet and looked at them dubiously... "Ha! You're making fun of me, right? These are magical?" Halflings were known for their mischievous sense of humour...

OOC: Examine them for any markings that might indicate their power or origin, then put them on and try running/jumping/a few combat moves, see if they do anything.

3SpdDragster

First Post
After searching the enemy fallen you find the usual assortment of orcish weapons of relatively poor quality. However, the cambions scale mail is of excellent make as is the second longsword (though non-magical). You find dried bits of "meat" of some kind in their equipment and six gemstones.

As Yann examines the boots, he notes they are made of white fur and are still very clean.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Bumble takes the arrow from Dorn, running her hands along its length she joins the two pieces together.

"Well Yann, I would guess they would only use it in dire circumstances and may not have had to try before?" she suggests with a shrug.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Guess so," agreed the big guy, shrugging back. Something about that bothered him a little, but damned if he knew what it was!

So Big Yann put on the furry boots, trying out a few running steps, jumps and combat moves, but nothing obviously magical happened...

"Boots of... warmth?" he guessed. "Anybody here got cold feet?" Rhetorical, but he was looking towards Dorn when he said it. No reason (although, after the fact, the man's scramble to hide behind Bumble - of all people - had been rather funny to watch, right?).

"And what does the rest of this stuff do, Mister Raz?" he inquired of his mage friend with a smile, in what was pure ship's lingo. He leaned down over the gathered ring, broach and cloak - and technically the flaming sword too, but they pretty much knew what THAT did! - picking each over to see if they had any markings, special feel in the hand or the like.

Half the fun of getting magical items was figuring out what they did!

OOC: What would you say to a bit of a competitive feeling/camaraderie between Yann and Dorn, Steve? They both share a naval background, so I think some one-upmanship could be fun? I'll remove the above if you don't feel like it though.

OOC2: Anything on the magical items, 3Spd?

3SpdDragster

First Post
OOC: Are you intending on taking a short rest? It would provide sufficient time to examine them properly.

Yann examines the items, the Ring has a stylised shield on it. The broach is a solid round item. The cloak is dark blue and embroidered with golden thread.

Kesem mumbles a spell [Mage hand] and a magnifying glass from his pouch floats over to his eye. He than takes the ring and the brooch from Yann and examine it with both hands using the floating glass.
Now, let me see, what secrets do you hold? My guess is that both of elven nature from a past victim but I need to take a close look. hmmm... I can take the items for a safe haven and examine them for a while.
Kesem suggested, knowing that he can cast a identification ritual to find what these items are
If we wish to rest, this is the time and I will vanish. What do you say ?

Remove ads