Tapatalk notifications stopped?

carborundum

Adventurer
Tapatalk is no longer sending me notifications (and hasn't for a while). Reinstalling didn't help, so I was wondering if the plugin was turned off at your end?

carborundum

Adventurer
It was great! The app sent push notifications every time one of my starred threads had a new post - excellent for following story hours, or cries for help. I don't remember if I had to star the threads in the app, or if it used my subscriptions though. I think I starred them in the app, once I turned on push notifications.

A quick Google search hinted that it would need to be turned on, on the server, but also that this didn't always play nice with vBulletin. Something to do with asynchronous updates. I didn't delve, thought I'd ask first :)

carborundum

Adventurer
Aaaaaand it was all me. Turns out I missed an update along the line and had an old version of tapatalk! The new version (my reinstall) defaulted to no notifications between midnight and 8am my time - which was about when replies started I guess. No idea. It's started notifying me of activity again so please forget I ever asked! Thanks for your help!

Remove ads