• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quests of Doom 3

Elodan

Adventurer
For those looking for shorter adventures, Frog Gog Games has a new Kickstarter for Quests of Doom 3:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...dventures-worth-winning-for-5e-an/description

It contains 6 adventures. These adventures were originally included in their Perilous Vistas line of books which are for Pathfinder. To paraphrase the Frogs, they are not abandoning Pathfinder but rather finding a way to provide these adventures to their 5E and Swords & Wizardry fans. It didn't make a lot of sense to convert the books to those systems as the rules are Pathfinder specific.

It's currently 40% funded.

I made a thread too, which disappeared quickly so I'll post what I put in it here:

Is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...an/description

Just a small one compared to previous, the massive Lost Lands: The Blight and The Northlands Saga Complete. But a conversion to 5E and S&W of a bunch of excellent adventures from some PF/3.x only publications.

From the PF environment book Dunes of Desolation there is Child's Play, My Blue Oasis and King of Beasts. Enzeitgeist, the noted PF reviewer, has to say "And the monsters and modules... let's just say there's a reason I've been this opaque. Even in Frog God Games' oeuvre, they stand out. The 3 modules are detailed, breathe the spirit of Arabian Nights and the fantastic in equal measures and deserve the moniker "...of Desolation" in that they do not stand one inch behind the legendary boxed set in imaginative potential and believability, perhaps even transcending it."

From the PF environment book Fields of Blood there is Madness Grows (and Red Wedding as a stretch goal). EZG rates those too!

Full list:
1) King of Beasts—by Tom Knauss
2) Child's Play—by Tom Knauss
3) Canyons of Arcuri—Jeff Harkness and Gary Schotter
4) Madness Grows—by Tom Knauss
5) My Blue Oasis—by Tom Knauss
6) Niavark's Revenge—by Patrick Lawinger

I'm going to have to do some searching of my FGG stuff to figure out where the other two are from EDIT: aha, Canyons of Arcuri & Niavark's Revenge are from the 3.5 module compilation 'Glades of Death'.. The final stretch goal, The Howl of the Wolf, is a shorter module by Bill Webb & Clark Peterson of Necromancer Games fame.

I think this will be a good book (and PDF for free with physical) for those looking for shorter module type adventures, rather than the long WotC ones or mostly single session ones of DM Guild.

Last edited:

Boerfrog

First Post
Is there any detail on the level range of the included adventures?

I know some of them. King of Beasts is 8th. My Blue Oasis is 12th. Child's Play is 5th. Madness Grows is 7th. Red Wedding is 4th. I'm not sure about the other three though I think Caverns of Arcuri is 6th.

Backed! I'm surprised they haven't notified backers of their other Kickstarters about this one. I would have backed it earlier, but I didn't even know the Kickstarter existed until I saw this thread!

Boerfrog

First Post
Backed! I'm surprised they haven't notified backers of their other Kickstarters about this one. I would have backed it earlier, but I didn't even know the Kickstarter existed until I saw this thread!

Thanks for your support. It's been a bit of a stealth kickstarter so far. Still rebooting from the earlier KS

Remove ads