• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quests of Doom 3

I still think you guys need to send a Kickstarter message out to previous backers [MENTION=6832558]Boerfrog[/MENTION] there was a guy on another thread who supported the original and hadn't heard of this ks. Maybe you have and I've forgotten tho!

As an aside:

I'm a fairly new DM, and I still have a lot to learn about writing my own adventures. The things that make me treasure an adventure module have little to do with plot or level range or the amount of treasure therein. I treasure modules that demonstrate best practices for writing adventures. Therefore, presentation (ease of consumption/running the module, especially at the table), originality (especially random tables with reusable potential, e.g. random diseases from sewer muck and the symptoms of each), and style are what get my attention in published WotC adventures (Out of the Abyss's Chapter Two on Underdark hazards) and in 3PPs.

I'm increasingly interested in OSR blogs about supporting player agency (letting players make decisions that matter) and skilled play in 5E. Even something as simple as a note at the beginning of the adventure, "Note: it is expected that players will overlook or never encounter 70% of the treasure in this module, but skilled and thorough play is allowed to increase that percentage," would prove to me that the writer is at least thinking along the lines I'm interested in. Little sidebars on monster ecology/spoor are also hugely valuable to me.

I didn't like Quests of Doom quite as much as the Book of Lost Spells or Fifth Edition Foes, but Quests of Doom I and II stil had enough of what I'm interested in to get my attention and make me willing to back it. I hope the project turns out to be as terrific as the kickstarter is promising so I can learn a lot from it.

Boerfrog

First Post
I don't have access to the email addresses for past kickstarters as I'm just the writer for most of QOD 3 adventures. I will bring it up though.

The for adventures that I wrote all have a sandbox feel with encounters that you can omit or add as you see fit with events too. Childs Play is the only one that's fairly linear.

Less than twenty hours to go, and a few hundred until the first stretch goal.

Apparently each adventure clocks in around forty five pages. Thirty two bucks for (hopefully) seven 45ish page adventures in hard cover is a great deal!

Boerfrog

First Post
Less than twenty hours to go, and a few hundred until the first stretch goal.

Apparently each adventure clocks in around forty five pages. Thirty two bucks for (hopefully) seven 45ish page adventures in hard cover is a great deal!

Red Wedding is now in! Just to clarify, not all of the adventures are not long. They generally range from 25K words to 50K as in the case of Madness Grows. Still an exceptional deal though as these adventures have lots of sidetreks to keep players interested beyo n d the main story arc.

Red Wedding is now in! Just to clarify, not all of the adventures are not long. They generally range from 25K words to 50K as in the case of Madness Grows. Still an exceptional deal though as these adventures have lots of sidetreks to keep players interested beyo n d the main story arc.

Ah I misunderstood the Kickstarter post. So is there an approx page count for each adventure?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads