• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue One trailer

Hussar

Legend
This does look pretty cool. Also looks a bit less kid friendly than the Force Awakens. I also like the subtitle - A Star Wars Story. Nice.

Looks pretty cool.
It makes sense that the Rebel Alliance wouldn't all be political idealists and freedom fighters but also include some anarchists and, well, terrorists. I dig. Star Wars does lend itself to war stories, and the theft of the Death Star plans are a doozie. Hopefully it will make up for the disappointment that was Force Awakens and actually tell a new story.

This does look pretty cool. Also looks a bit less kid friendly than the Force Awakens.
It kinda does. While I'm hard on Batman v Superman for going dark in a kid friendly franchise I'm oddly okay with this.
Likely because, like Suicide Squad, this is a story off to the side from the main franchise, so it feels easier to get away with darkness and adult themes. I don't mind not being able to take my son to all Star Wars films so long as I can take him to some Star Wars films.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Funnily enough though, the latest Suicide Squad trailer looks a lot less grim and dark.

They flubbed it by making Batman v. Superman which should have been light, too dark. So in their brilliant lack of understanding, they're taking what SHOULD be a dark movie and according to my wife, re-shooting some scenes to make it less dark.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The reshoots, according to one of the actors, are for action scenes, not for increased levity. There is a short clip about it on the Collider YouTube page.

It really makes no difference to me. I'm not planning on seeing it either way. However, I've never heard of a movie re-shooting scenes at this cost so close to release just to add in more action. I'm more inclined to believe that it was about the humor and the director is just saying it's about the action. If the film were so deficient in its action, the re-shoots would have happened sooner, and not very coincidentally right after another DC film bombed due to being too dark.

Remove ads