Rogue One trailer

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I loved the use of the sounding alarm. This has me excited, because it looks good, and because it is something to feed off of until Episode VIII.

Ryujin

Legend

Attachments

• 12923372_10105026414412128_2269423604962865343_n.jpg
    12923372_10105026414412128_2269423604962865343_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 390

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Rey's mom? Thus the two similar female leads. Althought she would probably be too old without space fertility drugs. Would she be too old to be Rey's mom?

No, I think it's possible. This movie happens *just* before Episode IV. So, she's a contemporary of Luke, Han, and Leia - and to my eye she's not any older than Han. So, her being Rey's mom is plausible.

I'm not sure we need *every* major character related by blood, but it could be as you suggest, from what little we know.

Freakin' awesome!

I'm hoping this feeds into the Battle of Toporawa that was canon from the Star Wars radio dramatization, which shows Princess Leia, R2D2, and C3PO intercepting the plans from the team that captured and transmitted them ... but not the actual recovery of the plans themselves.

N.B. ... Bothans were Death Star II.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
No, I think it's possible. This movie happens *just* before Episode IV. So, she's a contemporary of Luke, Han, and Leia - and to my eye she's not any older than Han. So, her being Rey's mom is plausible.

I'm not sure we need *every* major character related by blood, but it could be as you suggest, from what little we know.

And it would make the reveal of who is Rey's mother more significant. Anyone else would pretty much be out of left field. Althought Rey being the child of Luke and Boba Fett would get my thumbs up just for the MRA/GG rage it would produce.

Rogue One being used as an origine story for some characters we saw in TFA sounds very plausbile when we consider the mysterious hooded figure in black that we briefly see. Snoke maybe? http://io9.gizmodo.com/every-cool-detail-we-spotted-in-the-rogue-one-a-star-w-1769606654

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Not a complaint (I have a fondness for ladies with British accents of all sorts), but the heroine seems very similar to the lead from The Force Awakens. Did the British Commonwealth extend to the whole of the Galaxy in the distant past in the Star Wars universe? (Actually, all of this was "a long time ago", so not really possible. Or maybe there was a time bridge to the heyday of the British Empire. Anyways.)

The movie does look good.

Thx!
TomB
It is that good clone DNA in the future :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Whu? is this Star Wars 8 or some kind of prequel *un-numbered* movie.... 'cause if they start doing un-numbered, I'd be cool with that.... ;)

My understanding is that they intend to alternate movies in the core plotline with side-stories. Keeps you in a steady stream of Star Warsiness, while allowing them time to actually make the movies.

Remove ads