Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 1 available for free!

They must be banking on pulling in a ton of folks into Nu Trek with this. Honestly its smart.

Discovery turned off alot of folks, I enjoyed it, but its very experimental, Strange New Worlds is way more old school, but with better special effects and more together in season 1 then any other live action trek.

I think its brilliant marketing for Paramount+. Folks underestimate Paramount+.

MGibster

Legend
I hope you like it.
Goddamn it! I did like the first episode. It was a modern update that retained the optimism of the original series without the pretension of The Next Generation.

And I'm going to complain about the wokeness! Wait, complain? No, what I meant to say was that having a diverse crew actually helps makes everything look bigger. Again, something that Trek has always been pretty decent at.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Goddamn it! I did like the first episode. It was a modern update that retained the optimism of the original series without the pretension of The Next Generation.

And I'm going to complain about the wokeness! Wait, complain? No, what I meant to say was that having a diverse crew actually helps makes everything look bigger. Again, something that Trek has always been pretty decent at.
I cannot even begin to comprehend how someone can complain about Star Tek "going woke" except to postulate that they never wat he'd any kind of Star Trek, EVER. I'm not what one would call "leftwing" on most scales, but if you enjoy Trek you know that it's always been a progressive thought experiment: like, that's the whole point.

This is cool to see. But we sub'd to Paramount + last week so we could splurge over the holiday weekend. Don't think we are going to keep it. The experience is the worst of the streaming services that's for sure. Response is slow, lots of lag when loading every show and often in the middle of shows. Maybe it was the holiday weekend, but Netflix, Amazon and Disney + didn't show signs of strain.

On Topic, thanks for posting this, will check it out, the experience is probably better than P+!

Remove ads