Trapdoor Tech's Official Pathfinder Mobile Application

Trapdoor Technologies and Paizo have announced that the former will be producing an official licensed Pathfinder RPG mobile app. The company already produces Playbook for PRC, which is an open-gaming-content version, but this will allow more content and artwork, along with a catalogue of official Pathfinder adventures. It'll be coming to mobile devices this summer. Trapdoor technologies is the company which was originally producing DungeonScape, the official D&D 5E app, before that project was cancelled.

Trapdoor Technologies and Paizo have announced that the former will be producing an official licensed Pathfinder RPG mobile app. The company already produces Playbook for PRC, which is an open-gaming-content version, but this will allow more content and artwork, along with a catalogue of official Pathfinder adventures. It'll be coming to mobile devices this summer. Trapdoor technologies is the company which was originally producing DungeonScape, the official D&D 5E app, before that project was cancelled.
5482f1f9ba1a5_full.jpg

[h=4]Press Release[/h]
Trapdoor Partners with Paizo, Inc. to Create Comprehensive Pathfinder RPG Companion App for Players and Game Masters to Streamline Gameplay Like Never Before

BOULDER, COLORADO (April 11, 2016): Trapdoor Technologies proudly announces a partnership with Paizo, Inc. to produce Playbook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, an app that integrates all of the components of running the popular RPG into a single application for iPad.

"Playbook will allow players to roll up and manage characters, while Game Masters can purchase and prep adventures and campaigns in the award-winning world of Pathfinder,” says Chris Matney, Managing Director at Trapdoor. “With quick rules lookup, information sharing, stat tracking and more, this is the app roleplaying gamers have been waiting for.”

Trapdoor released a preliminary version of the Pathfinder RPG Playbook developed independently of Paizo, however the full licensed version of Playbook for Pathfinder will include the games’s complete rule set, artwork, connection with Pathfinder Society Organized Play events, and the extensive library of Pathfinder adventures. Playbook for Pathfinder is slated for release Second Quarter 2016, with additional adventures released throughout the year.

"We are excited to have Trapdoor join the Paizo family, and we think Playbook for Pathfinder has great potential to improve the game prep and play experience. Streamlining bookkeeping and simplifying rules lookup during play will help gamers get the most out of their time at the table," said Lisa Stevens, CEO at Paizo.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would -KILL- for an android version of this as well. I don't really see why its so common to release things for just iphone these days.

It's easier. One commonly used iOS version and a couple of common devices. A dozen commonly used Android OS versions and a thousand Android devices.

upogsi

First Post
True, but as a dev, that only gets to be a major issue if you are making a game or something intensive. An RPG reference should use standard components and be fine right.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
True, but as a dev, that only gets to be a major issue if you are making a game or something intensive. An RPG reference should use standard components and be fine right.

It's the answer to your question as to why it's common to release things for iPhone.

This was also the case with WotC, though.
Yeah but WotC didn't have the benefit of hindsight to see the meltdown Trapdoor would have as their project fell apart. I can't imagine Paizo didn't at least consider the increased risk of this company after that event.

Hawkwind

Explorer
Combat Manager for pathfinder which is on Android, Apple and Windows does all this already and you can import your characters from herolab and it has the entire PRD built into the App, its an excelent app for the GM at the table top for tracking combats apart from not being very pretty it way better than what Trapdoor offers

Halivar

First Post
Hah! As an iPhone user, I get to have it ALL to MYSELF! Bwahahahahah!

On second thought, you can have it if you want it. I'm good.

Remove ads

Remove ads