What treasure do you wish was in upcoming adventures?

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
My hope is that from here on we keep seeing more items with flavor. Each item so far in Season 4 has had something.. different about it. I wont go into details but thats exactly what we have.. items with details. A little thing off here and there and while yes its certainly found in the DMG , the admin teams have done something just a little bit different.

Thats what I want.

I also want to see more non combat orientated items.

Cascade

First Post
I'd also second the flavor and unique / historical items over power driven / stat bumps. The death house launch items were very well done on the flavor side.

Alternate familiars, mounts, shape changes, race options, access to odd (cross class) spells, henchmen, contacts, historical references, items needed for future events, re-skinned items (a spiked chain - same as a whip but piercing damage or a long spear that acts like a halberd but is piercing damage), out of game housing and land holdings, titles, adventure companies, ...there's tons of neat stuff that could be added.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I have to disagree with Cascade's request above. I dont want to see all that henchmen, race options, shape change stuff. AL is not as complicated as past Living Campaigns. I dont want it to simply replicate the LFR or Living Greyhawks or the like. So far AL has done an admirable job of keeping things relatively simple. Id like to see scenarios WITHOUT magic items.

I have to disagree with Cascade's request above. I dont want to see all that henchmen, race options, shape change stuff. AL is not as complicated as past Living Campaigns. I dont want it to simply replicate the LFR or Living Greyhawks or the like. So far AL has done an admirable job of keeping things relatively simple. Id like to see scenarios WITHOUT magic items.

I like flavor and character differentiation in my games, so I'd be open to expanding some of the rewards to enhance that for players. It's not like it's mandatory to take them.

CapnZapp

Legend
I like flavor and character differentiation in my games, so I'd be open to expanding some of the rewards to enhance that for players. It's not like it's mandatory to take them.
There's a difference between offering magic items and saying "you don't have to take them", and not offering magic items.

I believe Tyranthxus wants the latter. The former is NOT a solution for him.

CapnZapp

Legend
There's a difference between offering magic items and saying "you don't have to take them", and not offering magic items.

nswanson27

First Post

The solution "for him" I think is going to be non-solution for most every one else. Unless he's viewing this from the perspective as a DM, I don't see why the former shouldn't be a good enough option.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Actually I am looking at this from the view of an AL DM. I just dont see the need to put a magical item into basically every other scenario. Raise the gold, do something else.

CapnZapp

Legend
The solution "for him" I think is going to be non-solution for most every one else. Unless he's viewing this from the perspective as a DM, I don't see why the former shouldn't be a good enough option.
Then you should say so, instead of misrepresenting his words.

And now you have. Case closed

I'm not seeing magic items or other special rewards as being a corrupting or disruptive issue in the slightest in my area. The main thing most people want is a magic weapon by Tier II so they aren't SOL against creatures resistant/immune to normal damage. Fantastic items and treasure is one facet of being an adventurer. Sure, they're rare, but when your vocation is risking life and limb in dangerous places, risk should have reward - if you want it.

Remove ads