Nearly PvP

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
When I take valuable treasure (art, gems, etc), I usually record it on my logsheet as follows:

GP + X (where X equals my character's normal share of the treasure); GP - Y (where Y = the value of the art object, or objects). Then in my notes section I record something like the following: Treasure - 500gp gem (-500gp).
I make notes during the game session if we discover something I want. Price for certain, and description if available.
I record +X GP as assigned by the DM, then immediately buy the ring/art/gem/whatever. This is how I carry around "37 GP, 25 GP green gem, 10 GP trade bar"
I also carry around a few things of no apparent value that we found along the way, such as "coinpurse full of gold-painted wooden disks" (which I carry plainly visible so somebody can Pickpocket IT instead of my hidden-under-my-shirt coinpurse of real coins).

RobotElder

First Post
I used to encounter this all the time at cons. The game would be going great, then a couple guys (they always seemed to come in pairs) realize they have to leave to go to another event. So instead of just saying "sorry, we have to go" they decide to TPK. Fireballs on the party one time, and another time it was grenades (Gamma World). At the time I was too young and inexperienced to say anything but was amazed that the DMs let this happen. Not even "fine, you blow up the party. goodbye. Ok guys, let's keep playing like that never happened."

Wut?

Seriously, people did that? I'm quite honestly aghast (One, that they do so, two, that the DM would go along with it). What a bunch of cads!

I used to encounter this all the time at cons. The game would be going great, then a couple guys (they always seemed to come in pairs) realize they have to leave to go to another event. So instead of just saying "sorry, we have to go" they decide to TPK. Fireballs on the party one time, and another time it was grenades (Gamma World). At the time I was too young and inexperienced to say anything but was amazed that the DMs let this happen. Not even "fine, you blow up the party. goodbye. Ok guys, let's keep playing like that never happened."

Remove ads