New "Block" functionality not working?

ChrisCarlson

First Post
As a note, because the new block feature is mutual, I recommend returning the favor by blocking anyone you find to be blocking you. Otherwise, they can potentially temporarily unblock you long enough to read and respond to something you've said then returning you to blocked status before you have way of knowing what was said. Someone doing stuff like that would have to be infuriatingly petty, but this is the interwebs, after all...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Still seeing the same issue Hemlock was.

When was the quote/notification made? The feature was turned off for a while. Turning it back on doesn't retroactively remove already sent notifications.

Is the person in question *still* quoting you?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The comments, or the articles themselves?
The comments. You can see and quote people who blocked you when an article is in "news format". At least on a laptop. I think.

Yeah, the dripping sarcasm merely highlights the issue.
More like irony, Morrus. EW is a public forum. That is what is interesting about it. Making it less public makes it less attractive and potentially bad for business. But what do I know, right?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'll get that checked out.

If you could make it that we could see threads started by people who blocked us, that would be cool too. We just do not see those threads even if posters who haven't blocked us posted in those threads. And vice versa.

It would avoid multiple threads on a same subject.

Remove ads