New "Block" functionality not working?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I have to say, I dislike the notion that someone can force me to block them by blocking me. They shouldn't be able to control me like that. I intentionally don't block anyone because I believe that everyone has something valid to say at least some of the time, no matter how I feel about their postings the rest of the time. Also, when I respond to a post, I'm not responding only to that person. I'm also talking to everyone else in the thread who doesn't have me blocked. It should be sufficient for them not to see my posts.

Tony Vargas

Legend
And were those on article comment threads?
I only read the Forums, but I guess article comments get cross-posted there. Both Quotes were in this thread: "Latest D&D Survey Says "More Feats, Please!"; Plus New Survey About DMs Guild, Monster Hunter, Inquisitive, & Revenant."

Last one before that was a 'Laugh,' Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 11:47 PM in thread: "Weak Saving Throws"
Different poster who had been blocked a lot longer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I only read the Forums, but I guess article comments get cross-posted there. Both Quotes were in this thread: "Latest D&D Survey Says "More Feats, Please!"; Plus New Survey About DMs Guild, Monster Hunter, Inquisitive, & Revenant."

Last one before that was a 'Laugh,' Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 11:47 PM in thread: "Weak Saving Throws"
Different poster who had been blocked a lot longer.

Right, yeah, it's the article comments. They're clearly not covered by the block system yet. At least we know what the issue is though.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I got blocked by someone (no biggie) but that appears to cause links to other people's quotes get all messed up. By that I mean someone quotes person X, I click on the link to person X's post to see the full context, and it takes me to someone else's post entirely. The mutual blocking feature appears to screw up the numbering of the messages in some way. At least I think that is the cause?

Mistwell

And now I note the "first new post" link does not function correctly if someone has blocked you in a thread as well.

Between the two problems, it seems like a series of pretty important elements are broken by this new aspect of the blocking feature. The board is less user friendly for sure without the "new posts" link functioning for a thread.

Mistwell

And now I notice when I get XP for a comment in a thread where someone else has blocked me, because it messes up post linkage, I cannot even click on the XP to see which comment was given XP. It instead takes me to someone else's post.

This is bad guys. A LOT of functionality is broken by this new blocking feature. It's making the board in general a lot more difficult to use in unintended ways. Is anyone working to fix these problems?

Remove ads