And The Doctor's new companion is...

When they first showed the Clara promo image I was excited, as the outfit looked very 60s/70s and I liked a non-contemporary companion. I was even more excited in the Snowman episode when it looked like they were going Victorian.
Then saddeness.

My favourite companion is still a Hartnell & Troughton boy/ girl pairing: Steve and Dodo, Ben and Polly, Jamie and Victoria/ Zoe, SJS and Harry, Rose and Jack/ Micky, Amy and Rory. A larger dynamic and more room for shenanigans with the team being split up. Especially if you shake up the era of origin like Captain Jack and Rose or Jamie and Zoe.

Interesting:

Is Doctor Who’s Bill A Period Character From The Eighties?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/24/is-doctor-whos-bill-a-period-character-from-the-eighties/

CgwSIsaVEAQmjQN-600x902.jpg

Plus (a) she doesn't know what a Dalek is and (b) the Doctor calls 2017 the future, when her first season will be shown in 2017.

that would be kind of interesting if they went that direction.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know they're not intended to be companions in the truest sense, but I have enjoyed the appearances a by Vastra, Flint & Strax. They would have made for an interesting trio for at least an extended story arc.

Ryujin

Legend
I know they're not intended to be companions in the truest sense, but I have enjoyed the appearances a by Vastra, Flint & Strax. They would have made for an interesting trio for at least an extended story arc.

I found them interesting enough that I'd hoped for a spin-off series.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I think Strax would annoy me if I saw too much of him. There's only so many times you can make the same joke!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think Strax would annoy me if I saw too much of him. There's only so many times you can make the same joke!

I have to agree there. As presented, the characters are kind of one-trick-ponies. That's fine for short recurring roles, but they don't hold up a series on their own. Depth could be created, but we haven't seen much of it up to now.

Plus, doing that much makeup on a regular basis... worse than being Worf.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Was anyone else distracted by her eye brows? Like transfixed? Just me? Oh my

So she's from the 80s as a 90s child the 80s make me cringe. On the topic of time if her first outing isn't untilled 2017 wonder what happens in the mean time.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Was anyone else distracted by her eye brows? Like transfixed? Just me? Oh my

So she's from the 80s as a 90s child the 80s make me cringe. On the topic of time if her first outing isn't untilled 2017 wonder what happens in the mean time.

pffft whelp! the 90's was nothing but the used up dregs of the true fabulous 80's!

(and the mean time until 2017 is 1 year, obviously the Doctors still busy with the River shag)

Remove ads