PDF reader on MS Surface Pro 4?

nerfherder

Explorer
I'm looking for recommendations for a PDF reader on MS Surface Pro 4.

I'd like it to:
1) Support bookmarks (already in the document)
2) Allow annotation with the pen
3) Read by swiping side to side.

Acrobat Reader DC supports #1.
Adobe Reader Touch supports #1 and #3.
Drawboard PDF supports #2 and #3.
ezPDF Reader supports #1 and #3.

Any suggestions for other PDF readers that can support all 3 requirements?

Annotations with the pen.... I guess that will be a problem for most readers. The only other PDF reader I used is Foxit, but I doubt he can do tat either, and I am not sure about 3.

I guess the in-built PDF reader is inadequate? Doesn't Edge display PDFs, too?

pedr

Explorer
I think Drawboard does all three. Bookmarks are on one of the left-hand buttons (the search one?) with a second click on the small tab bar that appears at the top of the sidebar.

nerfherder

Explorer
I think Drawboard does all three. Bookmarks are on one of the left-hand buttons (the search one?) with a second click on the small tab bar that appears at the top of the sidebar.
I thought that too, but it only appears for new bookmarks that you add using Drawboard. I tried opening some PDFs that I knew had bookmarks created by the author, but they didn't show in Drawboard.

nerfherder

Explorer
Annotations with the pen.... I guess that will be a problem for most readers. The only other PDF reader I used is Foxit, but I doubt he can do tat either, and I am not sure about 3.

I guess the in-built PDF reader is inadequate? Doesn't Edge display PDFs, too?

Drawboard is the PDF reader shipped with the device.

Aha, I hadn't thought about Edge - I changed straight to Chrome for my browsing. I'll give Edge a go for PDF viewing.

Ryujin

Legend
At a certain point you just have to admit that a "reader" isn't sufficient to your needs, and that you need Acrobat Professional.

pedr

Explorer
I'm running Drawboard 5.0.10.0 and (as examples) the Numenera core book and The Strange Bestiary show their creator-added bookmarks in the Bookmarks top-tab on the Search sidebar.

I guess there may be different ways for creators to add bookmarks, and some don't display in Drawboard, though.

nerfherder

Explorer
I'm running Drawboard 5.0.10.0 and (as examples) the Numenera core book and The Strange Bestiary show their creator-added bookmarks in the Bookmarks top-tab on the Search sidebar.

I guess there may be different ways for creators to add bookmarks, and some don't display in Drawboard, though.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I didn't spot the bookmarks was under search. That's done the trick :)

Remove ads