$17,000 bucks for a two-hour plane ride?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
now go wash yourself after trudging through that mess!

Pretty much, and she could have been lying. I'm certainly going to watch it to find out.

I love how in a galaxy full of advanced technology and Jedi that can sense life, everyone was caught off guard by her having twins, and yet she had the extra name available to use seconds before just died of a broken heart. Ugh!

delericho

Legend
I love how in a galaxy full of advanced technology and Jedi that can sense life, everyone was caught off guard by her having twins, and yet she had the extra name available to use seconds before just died of a broken heart. Ugh!

Um... if she didn't know the sex, she'd have needed two names.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Um... if she didn't know the sex, she'd have needed two names.

There's no way in an advanced society like that, that she didn't know she was having twins, and it's only slightly more likely that she didn't know the sex. I'll buy that answer, though, since it's at least possible.

Everyone would have known about twins, though.

delericho

Legend
There's no way in an advanced society like that, that she didn't know she was having twins, and it's only slightly more likely that she didn't know the sex. I'll buy that answer, though, since it's at least possible.

Everyone would have known about twins, though.

That's far from a given.

She almost certainly would have known, but we don't actually get to see her reaction. She might have chosen to talk to Obi-Wan or Bail about it... or she might not. If nothing else, she has good reason not to discuss her pregnancy with Jedi in any detail.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That's far from a given.

She almost certainly would have known, but we don't actually get to see her reaction. She might have chosen to talk to Obi-Wan or Bail about it... or she might not. If nothing else, she has good reason not to discuss her pregnancy with Jedi in any detail.

In the scene, twins were announced with surprise. It was as if no one knew. If they knew, then the scene was even worse since they acted like they didn't.

delericho

Legend
In the scene, twins were announced with surprise. It was as if no one knew. If they knew, then the scene was even worse since they acted like they didn't.

It's announced to Yoda, Bail Organa, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, by a medical droid examining Padme for the first time. Padme herself is not in the scene.

It is unlikely that Padme didn't know she was carrying twins. That doesn't apply to anyone else.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
How conceited we are to think that everyone wants to know what gender of child we are bringing into the world. We can tell now with approximate certainty what the gender will be. Some people choose to wait for the surprise, why not Padme.

We are also going off some random assumption that near the end of the movie she goes to the same hospital she would have gone to for check ups and other maternal appointments. So yes, it could come as a surprise to that facility she is taken to, that has no prior knowledge of her status.

delericho

Legend
We are also going off some random assumption that near the end of the movie she goes to the same hospital she would have gone to for check ups and other maternal appointments.

Actually, we can be near-certain it wasn't the same facility, since she had spent basically the whole movie on Coruscant before leaving it to go straight to Mustafar and from there to be taken by Obi-Wan (by then a fugitive) to a facility where he meets with Yoda and Organa. I'm not sure we know where exactly that facility is, but we seen from the establishing shot that it's not on Coruscant.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Exactly. What is more, even IF there was an internet like technology in place, trying to retrieve those records would probably have been unwise. No doubt a crafty Sith lord would have flagged such information.

Water Bob

Adventurer
The book just released, BLOODLINE, is supposed to fill in some blanks: What happened after Return of the Jedi? How did the First Order spring up out of the old Empire. How did the Resistance spring up as a tangent to the New Republic/Alliance?

And...something happens to Leia that brings her into disfavor with the New Republic. My guess is that it gets out that she's Vader's kid.

Remove ads