Help, PCs to random for own good.

Goblinslayer

First Post
So had my first Session DMing last Monday, few bumps but went well.
My issue/question is, our ranger insists on sleeping outside of towns etc and wouldn't normally be a issue but the story arch is heavily about the corruption in the wood .
The main problem is I introduced a NPC which posed as a woodsman but is secretly a Bandit Captain who they don't suspect atm (which is great) but he wants to go and find his camp and stay with him.
Do I make it so he can't find it yet? Have him be ambushed?
I've had villagers warn him off staying in the woods but he likes to stick to his character traits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delericho

Legend
Have the bandit captain recruit the ranger into his evil scheme. "Sure, you can stay here. I just need you to do one little job for me..."

Goblinslayer

First Post
Well he will be using the party clear out the evil so he can swoop in and take the spoils but the Ranger is lawful good and won't do anything untoward unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delericho

Legend
Well he will be using the party clear out the evil so he can swoop in and take the spoils but the Ranger is lawful good and won't do anything untoward unfortunately

Yeah, but the ranger doesn't need to know - have the bandit captain give him a bunch of tasks that seem innocuous, but which actually serve to further his agenda. By the time the party realises the truth, the betrayal will be all the sweeter... :)

Remove ads