I'm going to be in a play!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I am very happy to announce to the ENWorld community that I shall be appearing in Terry Pratchett's Eric in York, England, during July. I'm playing Demon 2, a Corporal, the physical presence of Death (but not the voice) and The Luggage (I have no idea how they're doing it yet!).

Further details and booking information is on http://www.thedreaming.co.uk

HUZZAH!

Shadowdancer

First Post
I was in a stage production of "Cyrano" once, and it was a blast. I got to swordfight, and play a priest, and a drunk, and do some of the special effects offstage.

Have fun, and break a leg!

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Cool! Too bad we Yanks can't be there to watch. Good luck!

(I say "good luck" instead of "break a leg" because during the very first play I ever did, I was given the traditional encouragment, then fell off the stage and broke my ankle before the second week of performances. So "good luck" it is!)

(If any of you attend SUNY Buffalo and hear stories out of the theatre department: yes, I was that guy. :))

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Tallarn left out one of the coolest parts (from their website):

The production will be held within the walls of Clifford's Tower - a 13th Century Castle Keep, deep in the heart of York.
Color me green with jealousy. Hopefully, you can provide some photos from the production!

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Ah, yes, forgot about that. It is fantastic, the location is going to be amazing. There has been a tower there since around 1000AD, possibly since earlier than that, I can't quite remember. :D

Remove ads