Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
So it appears that the whole of our Savage Worlds Rifts game is gone :(

Not sure what to do here. You have a couple of encounters, etc. and we were right in the middle of battle... thoughts? Do you all want to continue? I can and am willing... we just have to figure out what to do next...

I am also sorry the only character I still have is Varg as I made up... Also

[sblock=Savage Worlds Rifts Setting Rules]
*Blood & Guts: Anyone can spend a Benny to re-roll damage rolls.
*Born a Hero: Ignore Rank requirements for Edges at character creation.
*Critical Failures: Bennies cannot be spent on Trait rolls where double 1s are rolled.
*Joker’s Wild: When a player draws a Joker, all players get a bonus Benny.

Blaze of Glory: this allows a hero to decide to die for the greater good. Any attack that would incapacitate a character, instead says they want to go out in a Blaze of Glory. The character gets to ignore the attack that would have taken them out, gains three Bennies and will die this "session" but at a later point.
Extra Effort: this allows a character to spent a Bennie and instead of re-rolling adds a +1d6 that can also Ace, and add it to the Trait roll.
Technical Difficulties: Any time you make a Trait test with a piece of technology (or TW device) and you roll a 'critical fumble' that piece of technology has a chance of breaking down or being damage.

"Sessions": Many items and issues in SWR's are "sessions" dependent. For this PBP a session is a maximum of one month (from the day the game IC game started. I THINK it was in July so that is where it is going), but I may end them early for drama sake.

Player's do their own rolling. I suggest CoyoteCode (you can post your results here 'sblock' or at the OOC thread but make a note of what you are making the roll for, etc.) as you can ''Ace' your rolls by adding OPEN(X) at the end, with the X being the maximum the die can roll.
For Initiative I will draw cards and track that and post each round what the results are.

HOUSE RULES Ideas…
For vehicle Rail Guns lower the ROF of a Medium Rail Gun to ROF 2 with, and the Heavy ROF 1 but add MBT

Minions come is three variants – Mooks, Brutes and Henchmen. Mooks are excately like Minions, Brutes can take one or more wounds, and Henchmen get to roll the Wild Die but still have no additional wounds.

Card Based Initiative I really like using Cards for Initiative but I worry about how it will work in a PBP, so I want to try where everyone draws cards as normal, but if the PC's win, they ALL go first and then badguys, and if the badguys win, they all go first and then the PC's. We will see if this works or not.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
I am pretty sure Deezy had one Wound (Dawn had healed her one) and Varg had two Wounds. Everyone was down some power points also... I think if we continue I am going to resolve it like this...

The "Master" Vampire flees, and the one "Bride" running away from the flying Dragon makes it away with Marcus captured. The rest of the brides are killed and dead.

The game will pick up with the aftermath of the battle (people still wounded) and what to do about Marcus. I will reveal something about how that all happened in the IC

GreenKarl

First Post
If I remember right, everyone had at least one Advance (5XP) and were about ready to get a 2nd... so when you update your characters go ahead and give them two raises.

GreenKarl

First Post
Here is what I got, but I don't have if you grabbed anything extra in town or if you grabbed any of the loat off the orcs... nor your Raise (I seem to remember that you raised your Spirits from a d8 to a d10 but I could be wrong). Also this is an earlier draft and I am not 100% sure I did not go back and change something later...

I decided to include the description of all your Edges and Psionic Powers also.

If you just want to copy him over to the Rogue's Gallery, you can "Reply with Quote" and get all the formulas stuff included :)

Finally I include the "office" Fury Beetle stats from the Savage Foes of North America

Varg
Male Simvan Burster
Abilities: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirits d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma +0 (-4 or -8), Pace 6 (d6), Parry 7, Toughness 12 (6)
Hindrances: Enemy (the Coalition, Psi-Stalkers), Quirk (Pyromania)
Edges: Acrobatic, Arcane Background (Psionics), Beast Friend, Brawny (carry 48lbs), Major Psionics, Rapid Recharge
Skills: Climb d6, Fighting d8, Intimidate d6, Notice d6, Psionic d8, Riding d6, Shooting d6, Stealth d6, Survival d6
Trait: Apex predator, Burn everything, Cybernetics, Distinctive D-Bee, Fiery aura, Fire mastery, Fire Walker, Flame Bolt (Damage 4d6, Range 12/24/48), Instinct over intellect, Low-light vision, Monstrous beast affinity, Natural psionics, Racial Enemy (Psi-Stalkers)
Powers (25 ISP): Armor, Beast Friend, Boost/Lower Trait, Smite

Gear: Chain Long Sword (Damage d6+2d8 mega-damage, AP-2, Wt. 15lbs), NG-33 Laser Pistol (Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d4+1, ROF 1, AP-2, Shots 20, Wt. 4lbs), NG-S2 Survival Pack (30lbs), 700 credits

[sblock=Burster]*Arcane Background (Psionics): A Burster begins with three powers from the list above, 20 ISP, and a d8 Psionics skill.
*Everything Burns: The fires started by Bursters are some of the most intense possible. They can catch almost anything on fire, and combustible materials don’t stand much of a chance against them. Any time a Burster causes damage with a flame ability, roll a d10 (instead of the usual d6 as indicated in Savage Worlds under Fire). Anything flammable catches fire on a 6 –10, while highly flammable targets ignite on a 3 –10. Things that normally don’t catch fire (metal, ceramics, stone) ignite from a Burster’s flames on a 10, or at least begin to melt. Water super-heats and evaporates nigh-instantly on a 10 as well, and boils away over 2d6 rounds on an 8 or 9.
*Fiery Aura: At will, as an action (no roll required), a Burster can surround himself with a sheath of flame and heat, causing 3d6 damage to anyone who touches him (with a melee or touch attack, for example). He can add this damage to any Fighting attack he makes, as well. When the aura is activated, it provides +6 Armor to the Burster (this stacks with the armor power, but not worn armor). Neither effect costs any ISP. However, if he spends 3 ISP when he activates his Fiery Aura, the damage becomes Mega Damage and the Armor gains the M.D.C. quality. Fiery Aura goes away whenever the Burster is Incapacitated or is otherwise unconscious.
*Fire Mastery: Over a Large Burst Template centered anywhere within 12”, the Burster can create, control, and eliminate fire. He can create minor fire and heat effects (or douse flames) as a free action with no roll. As an action, he can create environmental effects that impose a −2 to Trait rolls (−4 with a raise). For any Trait rolls, use the Psionics skill. None of these effects cost ISP.
*Firewalker: The Burster is completely impervious to all sources of fire and heat; he could take a dive into a river of lava and come out unscathed. He only suffers half damage from lightning and electrical attacks, as well as laser weapons. He’s also immune to plasma weapon damage.
*Flame Bolt: The Burster can hurl forth a flaming bolt of 4d6 Damage with a Range of 12/24/48. This costs no ISP and does Mega Damage. The Burster may add +2 AP by spending 1 ISP per Flame Bolt, or +4 AP for 2 ISP. Double the bonus for the same cost when on a ley line. Rolling a 1 on the Psionics die when using flame bolt does not result in Brainburn (per Savage Worlds).
*Major Psionics: Bursters begin with the Major Psionics Edge. When they take ISP for a +1 to Psionics rolls, and 4 ISP for a +2 (added before the roll). They can spend +1 ISP for Range × 2 for any ranged (not Self or Touch) powers, or +2 ISP for Range × 10. These last two effects are doubled when on a ley line. If the Burst takes the Power Points Edge, they gain 10 ISP (instead of 5)

COMPLICATIONS
*Cybernetics: Simply not a good option for a Burster, as they interfere too much with his powers. If circumstances force a bionic addition, each point of Strain imposes a −1 penalty to the Psionics skill.
*Enemies: The Coalition considers Bursters a dire threat to life and property, and they are to be destroyed on sight. There are more than a few settlements with long memories of rogue Bursters causing enormous property damage.
*Quirk—Pyromaniac: Though most are not sociopathic arsonists, Bursters tend to have a thing about starting fires just to watch them burn with loving fascination. This is more aggravating than dangerous (at least most of the time).

BURSTER STARTING GEAR
NG-33 Laser Pistol, NG-S2 Survival Pack, 700 credits.[/sblock]

[sblock=Simvan]*Animal Empathy: A Simvan has a psionic connection to animals, granting the Beast Master Edge and Riding d6.
*Apex Predator: Simvan consider themselves pinnacle predators; the ultimate victory is to defeat and consume an enemy. Simvan have the Bloodthirsty Hindrance and most know their deadly habits.
*Distinctive D-Bee: Simvan are clearly inhuman. They suffer −4 Charisma with CS citizens.
*Instincts Over Intellect: Simvan act on their instincts. Intellectual pursuits are not common for them. They suffer a −1 penalty to all Smarts rolls.
*Low Light Vision: Simvan ignore penalties for Dim and Dark conditions.
*Monstrous Beast Affinity: Simvan have a natural affinity for large creatures. When using the beast friend power, they pay half the cost for a creature’s Size (effectively 1 ISP per +1 Size). Additionally, they may take a larger than normal creature with their Beast Master Edge as a mount (see the list above of common riding animals).
*Natural Psionics: Simvan start with the Arcane Background (Psionics) Edge. Beast friend must be one of their first chosen powers. They start with 15 ISP instead of 10. If a Simvan chooses an Iconic Framework providing Arcane Background (Psionics), he follows all the normal rules for the Framework except he gains beast friend as a bonus power and gains +5 ISP in addition to what the Framework normally provides.
*Racial Enemy: Many Psi-Stalker and Simvan tribes have been at war for years. Meetings between them start argumentative and get worse. Simvan suffer −4 Charisma with wild Psi- Stalkers (Coalition Psi-Stalkers don’t like them just because they are D-Bees).[/sblock]

[sblock=Psionic Powers]Armor
Power Points: 2
Range: Touch
Duration: 3 (1/round)
Trappings: Fiery glow
Armor creates a field of magical protection around a character or an actual shell of some sort, effectively giving the target Armor. Success grants the recipient 2 points of Armor. A raise grants 4 points of Armor.

Beast Friend
Power Points: Special
Range: Smarts x 100 yards
Duration: 10 minutes
Trappings: Varg concentrates while looking at the beast
This spell allows mages to speak with and guide the actions of nature’s beasts. It works only on creatures with animal intelligence, not humanoids. Nor does it work on conjured, magical, or otherwise “unnatural” animals.
The target must be within the sorcerer’s range — it is not conjured.
The cost to control a creature depends on its Size. The base cost is 3, plus twice its Size for creatures with a Size greater than 0. A great white shark (Size +4) costs 3 plus 8 (2x4), or 11 points. A roc (Size +8) costs 19 Power Points to control.
Swarms may also be controlled. Small swarms cost 3, Mediums 5, and Large 8. Thus a single rat costs 3 to control, as does a small swarm of the creatures.
NOTE: See Monstrous Beast Affinity under Simvan for changes.

Boost/Lower Trait
Range: Smarts
Trappings: Fiery Aura or glow
This power allows a character to increase any of a target’s Traits by one die type for a standard success, or by two with a raise. The affected Trait can exceed d12. Each step over d12 adds +1 to his Trait total. For example, a raise on someone who already has a d12 in the affected Trait grants him d12+2 for the duration of the power.
The power can also be used to lower an opponent’s Trait. This is an opposed roll against the victim’s Spirit. Success lowers any Trait of the caster’s choice one step, a raise lowers it two steps. A Trait cannot be lowered below a d4. Multiple castings stack, though the caster must keep track of when each casting expires as usual.
►►Additional Targets: The power may affect an additional target for every additional Power Point spent, up to a maximum of five targets. All targets share the same effect and Trait affected.

Smite
Range: Touch
Trappings: Fiery Aura on weapon or attack
This power is cast on a weapon of some sort. If it’s a ranged weapon, it affects one entire magazine, 20 bolts, shells, or arrows, or one full “load” of ammunition (the GM may have to determine the exact quantity for unusual weapons). While the spell is in effect, the weapon’s damage is increased by +2 or +4 with a raise.
►►Additional Targets: The character may affect up to fivetargets by spending a like amount of additional Power Points.[/sblock]

[sblock=Edges]ACROBAT
Those who have formal training in the acrobatic arts or are naturally agile may take this Edge. It adds +2 to all Agility rolls made to perform acrobatic maneuvers (including Trick maneuvers), and also adds +1 to a character’s Parry as long as he has no encumbrance penalty.

ARCANE BACKGROUND (PSIONIC)
Grants you your psionic powers

BEAST FRIEND
Allows you to bond with an beast (Spary the Fury Beetle)

BRAWNY
The character is on the large size for his species and adds +1 to Toughness and can carry x8 their Strength before being hindered.

FLAME BLAST
For a single ISP, the Burster’s Flame Bolt affects a Medium Burst Template. For two ISP, he can expand the radius to a Large Burst Template. Alternately, the Burster can spend one ISP to use the Cone Template at no range (targets make an opposed Agility roll against Psionics to avoid the effect). Unless otherwise stated, enhancements from other Edges (such as Improved Flame Bolt) apply to this use of this Edge as well.

MAJOR PSIONIC
A greater control of mind, body, and spirit combined with the overwhelming power available on Rifts Earth means this hero can do much more with her inner strength. Major Psionics double their base ISP, and they gain +10 ISP (instead of the usual +5) from the Power Points Edge.

RAPID RECHARGE
This Edge allows an arcane character to regain 1 Power Point every 30 minutes.[/sblock]

SPARKY, Fury Beetle
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4 (A), Spirit d6, Strength d12+7, Vigor d12+2
Skills: Fighting d8, Notice d8
Pace: 12; Parry: 6; Toughness: 25 (12)
Edges: Alertness, Charge, Frenzy
Special Abilities:
*Armored Shell: Fury Beetles have +12 M.D.C. Armor and +2 Toughness.
*Claws/Bite: Str+2d8, AP 8, Mega Damage. The Fury Beetle can gut a Glitter Boy.
*Full-Spectrum Vision: Able to see in the infared and ultraviolent spectrums, as well as sense thermal patterns and possessed of full night vision, the Fury Beetle ignores all Illumination penalties.
*Large: Fury Beetles make big targets and are +2 to be hit.
*Psionic Senses: Fury Beetles can psionic sense a water source within a mile, and are also able to sense any arcane or psionic energies.
*Rapid Movement: All those legs give the Fury Beetle exceptional Pace, with a d10 Run die.
*Size +4: Fury Beetles grow up to 20 feet long and half that in height.
*Slow Regeneration: These creatures gain a natural healing roll once per day and can regenerate lost limbs over time.

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
Awesome, and that is what I did with my raise, and I'm pretty sure i chose to buy nothing before anyway

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
And I forgot your Hindrances... I think they were Heroic (Major), Loyal (Minor) and Vengeful (Minor) but I really can't remember :( sorry that was an earlier draft I guess I did not save the last changes I made for him when writing him up for you. I also lost the Heroic Journey rolls :(

Shayuri

First Post
Green, can I take the Master Mage edge and pick up the 'mega' versions of all my powers? Or is that a toy only other classes get?

Remove ads