Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes you can raise it one die step (d8 to a d10) as a Raise. Raises can get you the following...

*Gain a new Edge.
*Increase a skill that is equal to or greater than its linked attribute by one die type.
*Increase two skills that are lower than their linked attributes by one die type each.
*Buy a new skill at d4.
*Increase a Trait by one die type (can only take this raise once per rank, or every other advance at Legendary rank).

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, Deez's sheet, adjusted for the edges and for the PPE battery she found after the orc fight.

Deezy Klatta
XP: 0/10
Race: Human Techno Wizard

Attributes (5)
Agility 1d6
Smarts 1d10
Spirit 1d6
Strength 1d4
Vigor 1d6

Skills (15)
Knowledge Arcana 1d10 (+2 edge)
Knowledge Engineering 1d10 (+2 edge)
Knowledge Science 1d6
Repair 1d8 (+2 Edge, +2 Armor quality)
Driving 1d6
Fighting 1d4
Shooting 1d8
Notice 1d6 (+2 from goggles)

Charisma 0
Pace 6" (12yrds)
Parry 4
Toughness 4 (+2 from armor) 6AP
Bennies: 3/3

Framework: TechnoWizard (1d10)
- Arcane Background (Weird Science): 20ppe
** AEGIS (Active ElectroGravitic Interception System) Armor, 2ppe 3 rnds +1rnd/maintain)
- Greater Armor (5PPE, +5 MDC armor)
** OmniBlaster (Bolt 1-3ppe, and Blast - hvy 2-6ppe)
- Onslaught (2 PPE/ 3d6 MD bolts up to 4, or 4 PPE for 1 6d6 MD bolt)
- Greater Blast (+4 PPE to do d10s instead of d6s)
** ROCKET BOOTS (Fly, 3-6ppe, 3 rnds +1rnd/maintain)
- Swift Flight (8 PPE for 4xPace, -1 to be hit; 10 PPE for 8xPace, -2 to be hit)

- Arcane Machinist
As action create magical gadget that has any one power available to TechWizards with TechnoWizard roll at -2 per
Rank above character's. Devices have ppe equal to have the TW's normal maximum (+5 with raise), and device burns out when ppe are expended, or after 'timeframe' expires. This ability can be used 1/2 the Technowizard dice per 'timeframe.'

-- Machine Maestro
Electronic and mechanical devices can be interfaced with by touch, giving +2 to noncombat skill rolls (+4 if device
is a technowizard device) or half that bonus for combat skills.

-- Device Depednent - Technowizard powers MUST have devices on hand to use.
-- Enemies - Technowizards are hunted by the Coalition States, and singled out for persecution by the Federation of Magic unless sworn to serve them.
-- Gearhead Geek - Technowizards behave as if their devices were 'alive,' often talking to them, or showing them the
courtesies normally extended to living friends.

Edges
- Rapid Recharge
- New Power (fly)
- Mr Fixit (+2 to Repair, halve repair time on raise)
- Scholar (+2 to Knowledge Arcana and Knowledge Engineering)
- Master of Magic
- More PPE

Hindrances
Major: Small (-1 Toughness)
Minor
- Overconfident (what it says on the tin)
- Greedy (really really wants money)

Gear
Triax T-13 Field Mechanic Suit, AR 6, +2 Toughness, +2 Repair (See Below)

Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser Pistol

** APPEAR (Ambient Potential Psychic Energy Assessment and Ranging) Goggles, +2 Notice (As Magic Optic System, See Below)

TechWizard Tool Kit

Northern Gun S2 Survival Pack
(includes 2-man tent, sleeping bag, flashlight with mini-solar recharger, biometric compass/inertial mapper, short-range radio, first-aid kit, hunter/fishers kit, 3 saw wires, Firestarter with mini-solar recharger, survival knife, small hatchet, wooden cross (or other holy symbol, 4 signal flares, basic climbing kit with 30 feet of lightweight cord, a pair of climbing gloves, 4 ceramic spikes, a small mallet, 1 bar of soap and sterilized cloth, a canteen, two-weeks’ worth of minimum sustenance food in sealed pouches. Wt. 30lbs)

Hoverboard! 2000
Super Duct tape! 200
Dosimeter 200
Sensor Suite (Hand) 5000
PPE Battery (5PPE, recharges 1/hr)

Cash: 600

[sblock=Hero's Journey Stuff]
Education - (10): He’s traveled far and wide, and he knows a lot about the world that could come in handy. Your character gains a +2 on any Common Knowledge rolls related to geography and understanding the people and places of North America. He also gains a +2 on Survival and Streetwise checks in North America.

Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets -(12): A cunning pair of goggles that speaks of a fashion that never goes out of style, your character’s Magic Optic System is a favorite accessory. (the Magic Optics System features are)

Magic & Mysticism - (17): Often, one crisis is quickly followed by another, and your caster needs to get his energy back quickly. He has the Rapid Recharge Edge, or Improved Rapid Recharge if he already has the former. So Rapid Recharge Edge for free

Body Armor - (3): You may trade the starting Armor from your Iconic Framework for any other body armor (not power armor or robot armor) listed in this book. I will give you some options in a second here BECAUSE there are lots and lots of armors

Training - (19): Gain Professional Edge, ignoring all requirements except Arcane Backgrounds. Scholar gained![/sblock]

[sblock=Magic Optic System (TW)]Though gem-encrusted visors, full helms, and even elaborate sunglasses can be crafted to serve, most Techno-Wizards prefer the classic goggles approach to creating this mystical sensory enhancement system. It provides +2 to sight-based Notice checks, and the wearer gains access to darksight, farsight, and detect arcana. The system requires 1 Power Point per hour of use. (1 lb, 30,000 credits)[/sblock]

[sblock=Triax T-13 Field Mechanic]T-13 Cyclops armor is lighter in weight for greater mobility. It also comes equipped with a sidearm shoulder holster, additional equipment pouches attached to the tool kit attached to the waist belt. Larger equipment and tool kits are transported by hand, but the T-13 armor has some builtin tools to facilitate field repairs. First is a laser torch built into the right or left arm. In a pinch, the laser torch can be used as a weapon (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage). On the opposite arm, the T-13 features an extendable robot arm, used to access small areas and conduct repairs out of the mechanic’s normal reach. The arm is fully articulated, able to use tools, pick up objects, manipulate controls, and so forth. It gives the mechanic Reach 1 and Strength d6. The robot arm is equipped with a laser finger which inflicts Str+d4 damage if used in melee. The Field Mechanic Cyclops helmet is equipped with a pair of directional lights, as well as additional optics enhancement with 10× magnification, a thermal vision mode, and a spectrographic scanner used to locate microfractures, metal fatigue, and other subtle signs of damage. All of this grants the wearer +2 on Repair checks. T-13 body armor provides +6 AP and +2 Toughness, as well as providing Full Environmental Protection. It also has all the same electronic and communications systems of the T-10. T-13 Armor has no Strength Minimum. (18 lb, 75,000 credits)[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
She looks good! Post her over in the Rogue's Gallery. I am going to re-start the IC tomorrow after I re-build some stuff... it will basically be a short intro on what the party did up until the fight with the vampires...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I am taking the Flaming Scales edge for Alenys. Hopefully she'll be able to do something in combat now, since it's autodamage. What is the range of that damage field?

Also, we should square away just what I am able to use in Human form. I Human form just a utility feature for dragons? I know I can't use claws/bite or wings. What about:

1. Strength: Is it still 1d12+4? I took the Martial Artist edge at creation assuming this was the case.
2. Fire breath: Can I breathe fire in Human form? This is helpful, as I don't have the size penalty to attacks.
3. Psionics: I'm assuming I can use my powers.
4. Flaming scales: I'm assuming I can't use this as a Human.

Her bio is up in the RG.

Shayuri

First Post
I know in the original Rifts rules, dragons in human form had their full MDC and strength, but couldn't breathe fire or fly or bite/claw/etc. I am a bit unclear if the Savage Worlds version follows that pattern, but it seems likely to me they would.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Oh really? I have it written down as a separate score, its own attribute. So I need to raise both Smarts and Psi?
No, Psionics is a Skill based on your Smarts attribute. So if you look at Smarts, that determines how cheaply you can raise Psionics, just like at character creation. So if your Psionics is less than your Smarts, it only takes half your Advance. If Psionics equals or is higher than your Smarts die, it takes the whole Advance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
I am taking the Flaming Scales edge for Alenys. Hopefully she'll be able to do something in combat now, since it's autodamage. What is the range of that damage field?

Also, we should square away just what I am able to use in Human form. I Human form just a utility feature for dragons? I know I can't use claws/bite or wings. What about:

1. Strength: Is it still 1d12+4? I took the Martial Artist edge at creation assuming this was the case.
2. Fire breath: Can I breathe fire in Human form? This is helpful, as I don't have the size penalty to attacks.
3. Psionics: I'm assuming I can use my powers.
4. Flaming scales: I'm assuming I can't use this as a Human.

Her bio is up in the RG.

Here are my thoughts on what a Dragon Hatchling has in dragon form and in Human (or any other form)...

Arcane Background (Psionics): All forms
Armored Hide*: The Hatchling has +16 M.D.C. Armor and +6 Toughness in dragon form. In other forms he has 1/2 this bonus (+8 MDC armor and +3 toughness)
Claws/Bite*: dragon form only
Fear*: In his natural form only
Fire Breath*: dragon form only
Flight*: dragon form only
Impervious to Fire: all forms
Infravision: all forms
Inherently Magical: all forms Arcane Background (Magic)
Limited Metamorphosis: well obviously all forms :)
Mighty: Strength of d12+4. They are also very resilient, starting with a d8 Vigor. All forms
Nigh-Immortality: all forms
Size +6*: with +6 toughness only in Dragon form
Slow Regeneration: all forms
Tail Lash*: Dragon form only

Reading Flaming Scales it sounds like it is in Dragon Form only... just as an FYI. And a Damage Field means you have to hit someone OR they have to hit you with a melee weapon to cause the damage. You could use a "Touch" attack that is +2 to hit but does not add your Strength die to damage (so it would just do a base 3d6 Mega-Damage)

GreenKarl

First Post
Oh really? I have it written down as a separate score, its own attribute. So I need to raise both Smarts and Psi?

Yes its based on Smarts... so with a Raise you can increase your Skill by one die step. If a Skill is less then your controlling trait (like say you have a Stealth and Shooting of a d6 and a d8 in Agility) you can raise both skills by one step with a Raise.

Remove ads