Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Archon Basileus

First Post
I've been planning a tangent for him throughout the last posts. I thought to keep him as a NPC at first, but I need to sediment you guys as a group for a certain undertone I'll try to set (it actually has to do with the hole political background). So it would be better if the trust circle was formed solely by you - no NPC's included - at first. I'll use the hook and bring him back in the next posts! Thanks for the tip, guys!

Jago

Explorer
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], a few questions, and I'm sure it's pertinent to the party at large now.

These bombs I'm going to build. A DC5 Craft check, Craft ... what? I have Alchemy, but not like Explosives or the like. Alchemy is used to make my bullets, so is that acceptable?

Also, I was going to be using the black powder and such from my paper cartridges to make the bombs. How many do I need to use per explosive? I'm not made of bullets, after all, lol.

For the team, how do we want to lure the thing down? I volunteered to be bait, I think I'm pretty acrobatic and such enough. Do we want to like ... set up bombs along my route and Morgrym and Marius can set them off as I'm running by to help hurt/delay the beast, and then we can gather together and finish it off?

Archon Basileus

First Post
Alchemy, yes! I looked at your sheets before placing the nature of the tests! ;)

I also looked for the bullet count on your sheet. Three of them per bomb would be more than enough (Unless you want something more earth-shattering, so to speak; I'm thinking d8 area damage for this size.)

I hope the game is good so far. This is the end of the prologue and, considering your choices, I want it to end in a memorable and satisfying way. :p Anything you guys want to share, please, give me a shout!

Also, I told Neurotic about this, but only via PM. Anything you guys want to invent or do, goes. I'll bring it into the rules and make the necessary twists as we go, informing you step-by-step and consulting with you to balance the moves.

Later!

P.S.: I did not expect you guys to fight the thing, even though I consider everything an available option! Hats off for the courage! I hope it will be a battle to remember!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I would suggest this:
- Marius goes back to the secret doors and opens them
- Marius runs as fast as he can (he's a monk after all) back to you and climbs up to his ambush location
- Reynard waits with the dagger, I assume the beast will notice it as it comes closer - this should set it up for predetermined location
- I think most damage would (logically) be done if the beast takes the bomb in its maw where it is detonated - since we're not making powder keg worth of explosives, it should be targeted - but this could be hard to pull off (but think of the scene - Matrix - Trinity: Dodge THIS! Blam!) - this could maybe be something like: ready action: throw the bomb, standard action: shoot the bomb :)
(maybe the bomb could be self-igniting by using one or more flares as part of the package?)
- Marius would like to jump from above and hit the beast from behind, possibly landing on its back (if it is quadruped) maybe pushing it prone
- any fire we can scrounge up (sap, lamp oil etc) can be ignited by his shuriken, various spells flares or Marius' elemental fist - but somehow we need to douse the beast in the flammables
(I suggest Gardener forms tight fitting passage throught the plants with oil sacks and fermented fruits set up along the path - smaller creature (Marius) could run without bursting them while larger/wider one would get dosed)

Don't you think it would be terrible if we prepared everything to fire the thing and it turns out to be resistant/immune to fire :D

EDIT: one more thing: hit it with everything you have, grit for damage, empowered spells, whatever. We may finish it before it begins if we're lucky :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I did not expect you guys to fight the thing, even though I consider everything an available option! Hats off for the courage! I hope it will be a battle to remember!

Just don't pull any punches. We'll have the advantage of prepared battlefield, but if we fizzle, we can make new characters (it would be too bad, but it happens) - it's not like we're two-years in :)
Truly epic fight at 3rd level is hard to pull off, but if we do... :D

Archon Basileus

First Post
Considering your plans, I'd say you're doing it! :)

We should wait for Kahless' opinions on the matter. When you're ready, roll the tests and post the results back at the IC thread, ok?

Also, to lure the beast an acrobacy test might be in place (DC defined as you guys bring the hammer down with the actions).

Later!

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
Ok, a sidenote.

The Thing you guys are fighting employs combat reflexes, a mythic feat. Therefore, the Thing is branded mythic.

This is the first official clue of the future of our campaign. Also, imagine where does this put you and your backstories. ;)

I'll be hinting these things throughout the game, maybe like this, maybe through some other means.
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855130]Jago[/MENTION]

Remove ads