Crossed Paths - Part I

Guilt Puppy

First Post
At the first sign of trouble, Nathaniel leaps to his feet (E6), and speaks to inspire courage in his allies:

"Attack! Ready your arms, friends, for we have come under attack! And what shall our response be, I wonder? To cower and submit? Ha! If these villains believe their task will be so easy, they have made a grim mistake, for I have seen your valor, and know none among our numbers who would even pause in the face of this arrogant attempt! Fear not, for we are clearly facing fools or drunkards, for no creature in a right state of mind could mistake us for a ship of cowards, as these so clearly have! Oh, brothers, have mercy on our poor enemies and vanquish them swiftly, for they cannot comprehend what a dire mistake they have made."

As he recites, he is quick to draw his longsword (next round; or, shortbow, if there is no enemy within thirty feet who can be engaged in melee. His oration will last as long as it damn well takes :) ).

ErichDragon

First Post
Ecgthow calmly draws his longsword and handaxe and moves along the port side of the ship hacking boarding ropes, starting with H3. He will continue to do so until the enemy has boarded the ship, then he will move to engage.

Khenemetsobek

First Post
Intrigued to hear what the man in the rowboat so far from shore has to say Khen is standing in L4 and was previously looking at and listening to the man in the boat. When he sees that his vessel is being boarded he will take one of three actions:

Contingency One: If he goes before the boarder at K2 has a chance to climb over the top he will draw his spear and ready an action to throw it at the disadvantaged creature just as it is climbing over the rail hoping the impact will send him back into the ocean.

Contingency Two: If the creature was able to get on deck before Khen could react he will close on it while drawing his Ankh and preparing to beat the creature bloody.

“Pirates? These are fish not pirates. Sobek guide my arm.”

OOC: Manzanita I take it pretty much all rolls will be done by you? I wasn’t expecting that but that is cool. If I was supposed to dice server you a roll please just roll for me this time and let me know so I can be sure to do so next time.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Nathaniel orates (is this an attempt to inspire courage?), then draws his longsword.
Ehldannis casts shield
Octar readies his sword (Default action)
Glaucon moves & strikes a rope, severing it, & is pleased to hear a shout as one attacker falls back to the water.
Brioc puts his back to the mast & readies his scimitar & shield.

Your assailants seem to be good climbers. Seven clamber over the sides of the ship where the remaining grappling ropes caught. They are between 6 & 7 foot tall, with blackish green scales, blacker on back, greener in front. They have fins on their arms & legs & back. Their eyes & fins are black. They have sharp teeth & are armed with tridents.

Ecgthow engages the one climbing aboard next to him. He strikes before the creature is fully on board. His hand axe deflects off the scaly skin, but his longsword hits home, taking a chunk of flesh of its left arm. (5 pts dmg)

"Posiden's Teeth" shouts the Captain. "Sahuagin!" He charges towards C8 & swings his longsword, missing. The rest of the crew panics. Angrinion emerges from below deck, where he was sleeping in, as usual.

Khen charges the Sahuagin at L2, piercing its left shoulder with his spear. (8 points dmg)

end of round 1

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Re: Round 1

Manzanita said:
Nathaniel orates (is this an attempt to inspire courage?)

You betcha. Continuing his oration, Nathaniel will move to F7 and strike at the fishy in E8, with a little touch of defensive showmanship (expertise for 2)

Eldorian

First Post
OOC Fix the map plz manzanita.

Glaucon laughs at the splash, says "Not a keeper!", and attacks the fish man nearest him. Waiting for flanking opertunities as before.

ErichDragon

First Post
As Ecgthow faces off against his enemies, his eyes turn stormy and wild. He begins to shout strange words in an unknown tongue that may not even be a language, or perhaps a language long lost to mortals. He becomes reckless but deadly, often ignoring his opponents attacks to make sure his powerful strikes are forced home. He is truly a sight to behold, and feared.

OOC: I am raging. Also I cannot see the map, so assume Ecgthow attacks whatever enemy is closest to him at any given time. His mission in life is to kill, to kill as many as possible, until they are all dead, or he is.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 (beginning)

Everyone feels inspired by Nathaniels oration. Several crewmembers seem to get their heads together, draw their scimitars & prepare to engage.

Nathaniel moves towards C7 & swings his longsword, splattering black blood over the deck (9 pts dmg).

Glaucon moves to G4, slashing he cutlass, which slides harmlessly off the wet, scaley flesh of his opponent.

Remove ads