Crossed Paths - Part I

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc dashes past Ehldannis and Ecgthow, Wolf bounding along at his heels. He stands alongside Khenemetsobek (L3), slashing his scimitar at the Sahuagin in front of the priest.

Wolf dodges to one side of Brioc, snapping his jaws at the Sahuagin's leg, hoping to bring down the fish-man. (Wolf's using his Trip special ability.)

Brioc will stand and fight this Sahuagin until it's dead, unless one of his companions is badly wounded (reduced to 3 hp or less), at which point he'll break off to try and heal them. Once the Sahuagin he's currently fighting is dead, he and Wolf will go and help any of his companions that seem hard-pressed in the fight, or just attack the closest Sahuagin if no-one looks like they need help.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Octar steps up beside Glaucon, attacking the other Sanghuin. He's a straightforward fighter, and he'll just continue hacking with his sword in both hands until his opponent drops. He'll disengage if brought below 3 hit points, and ready an attack against anyone who follows him.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 (con't)

Octar advances at another Sahuagin. He grips his longsword in both hands and brings it down at the creatures neck. It raises its trident futilely to deflect the blow, but the sword bites down into its neck. It gags as its blood pumps freely, then it droops to the deck, dead.

Brioc and his wolf leap to the attack, joining Khenemetsobek against the most fore enemy. Briocs blade goes wide and the wolf's teeth are unable to find purchase on the slimy, scaly hide.

[waiting for Ehldannis before enemy & crew act.]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 con't

[Ehldannis will delay his action for a bit.]

The Sahuagin attack. The one at J2 shifts twards K3, in an attempt to line up his opponents. He stabs at Khen with his trident, but misses. Ecgthow's opponent likewise misses the quick-footed barbarian.

Another stabs at Glaucon. Glaucon tries to leap aside, but he's clipped for 6 pts of dmg.

Another climbs aboard next to Octar, replacing the one he slew. Another also climbs aboard in the aft.

Nathaniel is hit for 8 HP dmg from his opponent. The one fighting Captain Tolstly misses.

The most-aft Sahuagin is smaller than the rest, barely 6 foot, but he wears a sharkskin harness and pearl earrings. He seems to be the leader. He can't reach the combat, but pulls a crossbow & a bolt from his harness.

The captain stikes his opponent for 5 hps. Angrinion unsheaths dagger & short sword & strikes at Nathaniel's opponent. The sahuagin tries to step aside, but slips on his own blood. Angrinian's blade strikes it between the eyes, killing it. "Ho there, Nate, we got him!"

Two other crewmen attack the one clambering over next to Octar, but neither seems very skilled & both their blades go wide. Another crewman moves up next to Glaucon & stikes his oponent for 2 hps of dmg.

Ecgthow rages & runs his sword to the hilt into his opponent. As it eyes roll back, Ecgthow fixes his boot into its chest & jerks his blade out.

Khen then runs his opponent through with his spear as well, ending its life.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Cringing from the pain, Nathaniel will take one more careful jab at the nearest Sahaugin (Expertise for 5), and then attempt to tumble back to F5.

"Ha! They think to wound me with Captain Angrinion at my side? Come, let's live up to the Captain's example! Are any worse wounded than I? I have a few more tricks to aid us!"

The next round, Nathaniel will end his oration, and cast Cure Light Wounds on whoever seems to need it most within reach (possibly himself.)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3

OOC: whew, let's try to get back into this after that big downtime. I'm sorry Inez, but I'll assume Ehldannis casts a defensive spell or takes no action for the second round. I've got to keep it moving.

Nathaniel stabs with his longsword, catching the Captain's opponent off guard, slicing up through his scales and killing him. Nathaniel then tumbles back behind Octar, who swings his longsword at his next opponent, missing.

Glaucon has better luck, slicing his blade up, between scales & ribs, opening its heart. It collapses & dies (critical hit).

The Sahuagin leader fires his crossbow at Nathaniel, then drops it & pulls out his trident and a punch dagger. The bolt stikes Nathaniel for 4 pts. (I'll assume you cast your CLW on yourself next round)

Another moves forward & strikes Angrinion, ripping open his chest. Angrinion moans, but remains standing. Two more climb onto the ship, one next to Glaucon, the other behind its leader. The captain attacks this one, wounding it slightly.

[Brioc,Ecgthow, Ehldannis, Khen - you're up]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3 (con't) to Round 4

Ecgthow and Khenemetsobek charge the Sahuagin on the aft deck. Ecgthow stikes and kills Angrinion's opponent with his longsword. Khen misses.

Nathaniel casts a Cure light wounds on himself, healing 2 hps (bringing him to 4). Octar swings, but misses his wiley opponent. Glaucon slices into his for 8 pts dmg.

Remove ads