Crossed Paths - Part I

Jarval

Explorer
"Use this, my friend!" Brioc calls out as he quickly pulls his rope and grappling hook from his pack, before tossing them across to Octar.

This done, he moves among his companions and the crew, doing what he can to tend their wounds (using my Heal skill, or my cure light wounds spell if someone is close to death (2 hp or less)).

Guilt Puppy

First Post
After a brief cry of celebration, Nathaniel suddenly teeters back on his feet, growing pale... He scurries as subtly as he runs to the side of the ship, and holds his hair back as he holds his face over the edge...

Finally looking up: "Apologies... I've, ah, never really been able to stand the smell of fish..."

With that, he begins chucking the dead overboard, not seeming to struggle much. As he gets to the third, he stops, seeming interested in the wound, and asks: "It's kind of morbid, but is the meat on these edible, do you know? It just doesn't seem wise, you know, to just throw away possible food... Not while at sea."

Khenemetsobek

First Post
Re: Round 5 (end)

Khen reaches over the side and washes the blood off his spear. "Castaway or willing bait?" he says with a snear turning his gaze to the man in the rowboat.

Eldorian

First Post
OOC: and I can finally log onto enworld.

Glaucon stops the flow of blood from that stinging blow on the ribs with his hand, gives a slight chuckle, and checks the edge of his blade. He gets some spare cloth for a makeshift bandage, and cleans his blade before sheathing it. He walks over to the Egyptian's side to peer into the row boat.

"Now what's about?"

Manzanita

First Post
Unfortunately, when you pull the man aboard, he has expired.

OOC: I'll post more soon. These boards being down has really thrown me off.

Manzanita

First Post
battle aftermath

the captain addresses the party. "So, this was an unexpected danger of taking the deep water route. The Sahuagin are more aggressive out here. I must rething my future route. Thank you for your help today. You've more than paid for your passage. We should be in port by tomorrow night."

Angrinion is grateful for the healing, and all the crew becomes more friendly towards the party. The battle story is told again and again, becoming more glorious each time. Nathaniel is excused from rowing duty and is begged to orate about the battle and whatever else.

the rest of the journey is uneventful, so I'll go ahead & assign experience again. I'll post the harbor landing tomorrow.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Nathaniel is more than happy to entertain the crew, finding this work far more satisfying than humble rowing... Over meals he'll probe both companions and crew for other stories, to give him some fresh material, and to give everyone a chance to share the spotlight a little, imitating their fighting styles for show, making his sword flash more brightly with a little prestidigitation. In the meantime, he'll try to build up a little more his limited knowledge of Greek, often lapsing into it in his orations, fishing for corrections on mistakes.

Over the next two nights he'll use his limited healing magic to try to bring everyone back to full health, on a who-needs-it-most basis.

Jarval

Explorer
Working alongside Nathaniel, Brioc uses his full compliment of spells while still on board the ship healing his companions and the crew. He'll take extra time at the oars if needed, letting any still wounded crew rest.

(That's five cure light wounds for each day before we land. Brioc will focus on his companions first, then the crew.)

Remove ads