Character markers and tokens

Quickbeam

Explorer
Does anyone have a good suggestion for sites that have character/monster tokens and marker discs available for download? I'd love to find an array of them for D&D, CoC, and D20 Modern if possible. In the near future our games are going to be played on a smaller table and several of us are going to be driving farther, so dragging large cases of minis will be less than optimal.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated -- thanks in advance!!

Harlock

First Post
Quickbeam said:
Does anyone have a good suggestion for sites that have character/monster tokens and marker discs available for download? I'd love to find an array of them for D&D, CoC, and D20 Modern if possible. In the near future our games are going to be played on a smaller table and several of us are going to be driving farther, so dragging large cases of minis will be less than optimal.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated -- thanks in advance!!

One of the most unique and truly cool approaches I have seen is posted here: http://www.intrepidheroes.com/minis.htm

It's pretty spiffy and I think very innovative in that you control a lot of how the characters will look. Custom self made minis that are cheap and relatively easy.

Also, you might want to make a post in the hosted art forum. I've always felt that some of those talented people should get together and put out a page or two of characters, monsters etc that someone could host for download somewhere.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that some products are commercially available. The counters from Fiery Dragon Productions are pretty nifty, and I have some from Dragonscale Counters that are nice as well. I tend to like the art better from Fiery Dragon, but the Dragonscale Counters are made from a thicker plastic (pvc?) material that wears much better than cardstock, so it's a trade off. I own some of both. Good luck in your search and post your results if you find some cool sites on your own, please. :)

Quickbeam

Explorer
Harlock:
I will definitely look into the options you've suggested and appreciate the rapid feedback. And the idea of helping to design the appearance of my own mini is AWESOME!!

I promise to share any good info I come across.

Klaus

First Post
Hmm... Let's see...

For the DnD gamer, Fiery Dragon offers:

Counter Collection I - tons of the basics, like 20 skeletons, 15 dwarfs, 5 trolls, 20 orcs, 15 drow...

Counter Collection II - the more offbeat monsters, like treants, gelatinous cubes, displacer beasts, wyverns, hell hounds... Plus 150 DIFFERENT PC counters, covering almost every race/gender/class combo.

Counter Pack I: Demons & Devils - All the fiends from the MM, plus lots of fiends from Green Ronin's Legions from Hell and Armies of the Abyss.

Counter Pack II: Tribes, Clans and Cults - A goblin tribe (with worgriders), a hobgoblin army (with general, lieutenants, chaplains and all), an undead horde, a thieves' guild, a knight squadron, a fire giant clan...

Counter Pack III: Denizens of Darkness & Dungeons - An entire drow city, plus enough counters to play Necromancer Games' Rappan Athuk trilogy.

Counter Pack: Dragons - Dragons of all sizes and colors, including wyrmlings, half-dragons, dragonlike creatures like wyverns, cockatrice and others.

For the d20Modern fan there is:

Counter Collection III: Modern - Character classes covering all gender/class combos, plus creatures, vehicles and superheroes.

For the CoC fan there is:

Counter Pack IV: Eldritch Horrors and Occult Investigators - With things from beyond, 20's style characters and new d20 rules for occult setting, the Eldricth Earth.

Check them out here

Voadam

Legend
There are a few on www.rpgnow.com cardboard armies and one set from the guys who did the elemental lands stuff (the counters match characters in their modules I believe). Only one set is free, but most are pretty cheap.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Klaus:
I found for your fantastic site after posting this message, by consulting a friend who's been there many times and often raved to our group about the goodies available!! Thanks for helping to jog the clouded memory and obscured vision of the foolish fellow :).

BTW, the Counter Pack IV doesn't appear to be available yet. Am I wrong, and if so how does one get this dandy item?

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
The fine folk at Fiery Dragon said that CP4 has gone to distribution on Monday, so give it 10 days or so to reach retailers.

And keep your eyes peeled for Counter Collection IV: Diamond Throne (full of Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed goodness) and Counter Pack 6: Summoned Creatures (with all creatures from the Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally lists)!

Quickbeam

Explorer
Klaus said:
The fine folk at Fiery Dragon said that CP4 has gone to distribution on Monday, so give it 10 days or so to reach retailers.

And keep your eyes peeled for Counter Collection IV: Diamond Throne (full of Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed goodness) and Counter Pack 6: Summoned Creatures (with all creatures from the Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally lists)!

Thanks again. It all rocks!!
Now, how do I get an Entish depiction of myself (lol)?

Painfully

First Post
What I've done is scanned into my computer all the monster tokens from Dungeon Magazine. Now I can cut and paste on my computer before printing out a sheet of whatever tokens I need on card stock.

Best part is I can damage or lose a few tokens and not worry about it. I can make more. I keep my tokens grouped by encounters in small ziplock baggies. It all works great!

Remove ads