Coriolis RPG

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Got a copy of the QuickStart rules for Coriolis (by backing Kickstarter).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/coriolis-a-sci-fi-rpg-from-the-makers-of-mutant-ye

Has anyone else seen these? tried them out?

The core mechanic looks cool. Roll d6s. Any 6 = success. Sev = crit success. Modifier are applied before roll, meaning you roll more or less dice. No real target number, no adding up (well apart from how many 6s).

There is a mechanic for calling on the Icons which would be a simple 'trust to the Force' in Star Wars. (DM even gains Darkness Points to use vs group - what a cool way to represent influence of Dark Side).

Coriolis seems to have an awesome setting, but they may well have written the best Star Wars system at the same time. At least I would like to give it a try. ;)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I haven't played this, just read QuickStart rules. (I have not played Fantasy Flight's Star Wars either - we use the Cypher System (or our on Bashed & Borrowed system based heavily upon Savage Worlds).

I am wondering whether anyone here has also read or played this.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Had a bit of a look into Mutant: Year Zero and it appears the core mechanics for Coriolis are much the same. D6 dice pools, try and roll 6's.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
My package arrived. This game is beautiful! What an amazing product, but I still have not played the system. Desperately want to give it a go. So, has anyone out there played it? Thoughts?

Remove ads