What Game Systems Do You Have?

Thomas Shey

Legend
Oh, gods above. If I could actually go through and count them, there are probably literally hundreds; I've been collecting them on and off for almost a half century now. Even in physical form I probably have over a hundred.

R_J_K75

Legend
\STD folder, the \Zines folder...

...I might have a problem.
You have a STD folder? I think they make a pill or cream for that these days

As a few others have said, I had many more systems in years passed but sold them. When one of my bookcases collapsed under its own weight and almost went through my 3rd story window and landed on my neighbor's car, I think it was time. As of now here's the list of what I have in print, I've severely pared back. I'm not counting what I have in digital format, I have no idea what I have anymore and can never seem to find what I'm looking for anyway.

1. AD&D 1E
  2. AD&D 2E
  3. D&D 3.5E
  4. D&D 5E
  5. ShadowDark
  6. Modern AGE
  7. G.I. Joe

Kannik

Hero
In addition to the physical ones I posted above, here are some of my digital keeps:

Agon
Anima Prime
Dungeon World
The Warren
Uasagi Yojimbo (PbtA)
The Sprawl
The Veil
Blades in the Dark
Scum and Villainy
Beam Sabre
BRP
Cortex Prime (+ Various Settings)
Tales of Xadia
Firefly (Cortex Plus)
Marvel Superhero Role Playing
Leverage
Coyote and Crow
Cypher System
13th Age
D20 Modern
Dune (2d20)
Era Balam
FATE, FATE Accelerated, FATE Condensed
Atomic Robo
Dresden Files
Mindjammer
Tachyon Squadron
The Secret of Cats
Tianxia
(+ Various other FATE worlds)
Fantasy Age
Katanas and Trenchcoats
Lancer
Mausritter
Monster Care Squad
Mouse Guard 1e, 2e
Pendragon 5e
Primrose
Qin
Rebels of the Outlaw Wastes
Runequest
Savage Worlds
Star Frontiers
Star Trek TNG (Last Unicorn Games)
Star Trek Adventures
Star Wars (FFG)
SWN/WWN
Tales from the Loop
Technoir
Thirsty Sword Lesbians
TriStat dX
The Troubleshooters
Twilight 2000 (Free League)
Ultraviolet Grasslands
Wanderhome
WOIN
WuDe

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
just as a clear indicator of my obsessive game hording, my total game collection stacked up is 3-4 cubic meters, between RPGs and boardgames. Just added a new boardgame and an RPG book yesterday.
Yesterday I learned of an original metric system measurement which is no longer in use in most cases - but MAY in fact be useful here.
Instead of 3-4 cubic meters, you can now say 3-4 stere. Note when the French came up with the metric system, stere only applied to cut wood, not uncut wood. I'd say your game collection counts as cut wood 🙃

Now, if a partner or friend or family member says "you've got too many games aramis erak!" you can reply - "🤷‍♂️ it's only 3-4 stere". Conversely if someone impugns your game collection and says it's too small, you can respond "Dude! I've got over 3 STERE of games. How many do you have?!? Huh?!?" Ideally while getting a bit over-aggressive when you shout "STERE".

You're welcome

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I recently went and organized games in the sense of - do I want to play this? But it wasn't along the lines of just "system". I'm undermotivated to do that now, but I'm in the same boat as Umbran - I have at least 70 in dead tree - some of which are also in pdf, and many more in digital only

zanderfitz

First Post
I'm maintaining a list of different systems I have - partly to discourage me from buying more (Yeah, right!) and partly to know what I have available as options. I'm keeping this organized by listing the same game in the same line (since 1st edition AD&D and OSRIC are pretty much the same) and also organizing by genre (if applicable).

What games do you have?
  1. B/X (Rules Cyclopedia, OSE, etc.) D&D Editions
  2. 1st Edition AD&D (OSRIC)
  3. 2nd Edition AD&D (For Gold and Glory)
  4. 3rd Edition (3.5, Pathfinder)
  5. 4th Edition D&D
  6. 5th Edition D&D
  7. Level Up: Advanced 5e
  8. Pathfinder 2e
  9. Swords & Wizardry OSR
  10. Basic Fantasy
  11. Castles & Crusades
  12. Hyperborea 3e
  13. Mork Borg Other Fantasy
  14. Warhammer Fantasy 2e
  15. Warhammer Fantasy 4e
  16. Warhammer Age of Sigmar
  17. Zweihander
  18. Forbidden Lands
  19. RuneQuest
  20. Dungeon Crawl Classics
  21. Shadow of the Demon Lord
  22. 13th Age
  23. Dungeon World
  24. Savage Pathfinder
  25. The Fantasy Trip
  26. Warlock!
  27. Star Wars (WEG) Sci-Fi
  28. Star Wars SAGA
  29. Star Wars (Fantasy Flight)
  30. Coriolis
  31. Starfinder
  32. Gamma World 1e
  33. Gamma World 7e
  34. After the Bomb
  35. Savage Rifts
  36. Deadlands Lost Colony
  37. Esper Genesis
  38. Mothership
  39. Vast Grimm
  40. Hollow Earth Expedition
  41. Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium) Modern
  42. Call of Cthulhu (d20)
  43. Deadlands
  44. Holler
  45. TMNT & Other Strangeness
  46. Mutants in the Now/Next
  47. Twilight 2000
  48. Kids on Bikes
  49. Monster of the Week
  50. Vaesen
  51. Mutants and Masterminds
  52. Marvel (FASERIP)
  53. D20 Modern
  54. Savage Worlds Generic Systems
  55. Byte
  56. Index Card RPG

PLAYED
D&D 5e
D&D 3.5
D&D - AD&D
Pathfinder 1e
Traveller - MG edition
Pendragon
Rolemaster
RuneQuest
Call of Cthulhu

NEVER PLAYED but own
Traveller - d20
Chivalry & Sorcery
Chivalry & Sorcery (2e)
HARP
Twilight 2000
Twilight 2000 (2e)
Twilight 2000 (3e)
RuneQuest (2e)
Call of Cthulu (6e)

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
I have purchased, read, run, and sold far too many RPGs to count over the years. At one point I had a trio of 1.5m shelves packed with RPG books, and that was only a fraction of what I'd owned. Now, my collection has been ruthlessly pruned to contain only those RPGs that I enjoy in every regard and actively run:

Atomic Robo
Between Clouds
Do - Fate of the Flying Temple
Fabula Ultima
Fate Accelerated
Fate Condensed
Fate Core
Fate of Cthulhu
Hard Wired Island
Land of Eem
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Salvage Union
The Wildsea

Last edited:

Tutara

Adventurer
On my shelf:

Blades in the Dark: One of my absolute favourites, a great sysytem.
Cypher 2e: I want to like it more than I do - some good ideas that don't quite pay off in play.
Conan 2D20: This is on my 'to play' list. Not sure how well it will work on the table, but Dune 2D20 is apparently pretty good so fingers crossed.
Dungeons and Dragons 5e: Mostly fun sourcebooks with fancy covers, no corebooks. No 3rd party stuff.
Heart, the City Beneath: A brilliant rpg based on Spire (another brilliant rpg). Die horribly below the earth. End up made of bees. Fab!
Numenera (Discovery and Destiny): More for the setting than the system. I adore the setting.
Trail of Cthulhu: Not played it, will get around to it at some point. I wanted at least one Mythos rpg, and bounced off CoC hard.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1e: My original book from the 80s. now in tatters. Also, half of Warhammer Adventure held together with hope.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e: My current game of choice. Beautiful books, surprsingly straightforward system.

I also have a pdf of Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, and Savage Worlds Lankhmar. Definitely something I intend to play later.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Not including the literally 1,000+ indie games I got from various itchio charity bundles, and in no particular order...

D&D (several editions), Level Up, Savage Worlds (SWADE), GURPS 3e and 4e, Fate (and FAE), A bunch of PbtA games (Monster of the Week, Masks, Root, Thirsty Sword Lesbians, Farflung, City of Mist, Epyllion, Threadbare, Absurdia), In Nomine, Call of Cthulhu, Spire, Star Trek Adventures, Liminal, Troika! Over The Edge, Household, Ryuutama, Wanderhome, Cypher System (Numenera, the Strange, Gods of the Fall),
Toon, (New) World of Darkness (misc core books), the Without Numbers core books, about a hundred different varieties of Lasers and Feelings, and an entire folder of Cat Games (Magical Kitties Save the Day, Cat: a Little Game for Little Heroes, The Secret of Cats, Cats of Catthulhu). Plus supplements.

Now to actually read and play all of them.

Remove ads