Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Official Trailer - Teaser

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It looks preeminently gameable, much moreso than Fifth Element, it also gives me something of a Sky Captain vibe (is that coincidence)

Hussar

Legend
About the only quibble I have, and I admit I have not seen anything about the graphic novel, is that I'm kinda sick of the YA fiction genre. Why do so many SF stories have to have a couple of plucky kids out to save the world? We've had that trope rather a lot in the last few years.

Can we please get some SF stories where the protagonists are old enough to vote?

There’s a wonderful quote from Sir Christopher Lee about how young actors just don’t have the life experience needed to carry their roles. With some exceptions, I agree (though I do enjoy YA literature and film).

Indeed, looking at films from past decades, the difference is clear. Heck, were, Jaws made today, the lead actors would’ve been 10 – 20 years younger.

Can we please get some SF stories where the protagonists are old enough to vote?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
About the only quibble I have, and I admit I have not seen anything about the graphic novel, is that I'm kinda sick of the YA fiction genre. Why do so many SF stories have to have a couple of plucky kids out to save the world? We've had that trope rather a lot in the last few years.

I may be missing something, but I'm pretty sure these characters are old enough to vote.

But I would like to see a little more films with 30-40 year old protagonists.

Remove ads