Gods and Monsters: Legends Reborn main campaign thread

Liltroll2

Explorer
Sheela looks around slowly, and reaches out. Her hand seeks a stick, something anything. "Yondalla be with me." She mutters quietly and presses her hand to her forehead to hold back the ache that is found with in.
"Is someone there." she suddenly yells. Sheela deep down knows that she shouldn't but, at the same time, its best to see if she doesn't have to fight. Her guard goes up. Her fists clench as she calls out again, "Hello."

GM: Perception check; d20+23; 35 vs DC 18; you notice a dire bat in the tree branches above you, watching you

Last edited by a moderator:

Liltroll2

Explorer
Sheela slowly lowers her hands as she watches the direbat watching her. "Hello.." She says again this time with a bit more authority. If its going to attack her, she is going to be standing while it happens. Moving slowly still, so she doesn't scare it. "I ahh. This is your home isn't it.." Sheela's eyes look around anxiously.

GM: The dire bat sniffs the air, its large red eyes staring at you intently. It puffs, lets out a loud but short squeak, and seems to wait for a response.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Heaving a sigh of relief Thaklor leans against the wall of the cave and slides down to open the bag in front of him. A light immediately springs forth from the opening. The source he removes and holds it before him. The twining flames of Kossuth wrought in silver hangs from a chain. It's shape glowing with the brilliance a torch, provides a light to the darkness. As he hangs this about his neck, Thaklor looks about him, surveying his surroundings.

GM: Perception check, d20+5; 22, result- you notice there are several worms crawling around on the walls and ceiling. A few fiery red beetles scurry about, wary of your presence and the fresh source of light. Squeaking and chirping like large crickets, they scurry away from you. One of the worms tries to drop on you from above, but misses and spaltters on the stone floor.

drydenofasturia

First Post
Though bitter anguish wracked her entire body, Red forced herself to her feet. One hand cradled her aching guts as she gripped the pommel of her sword with the other.

~On your feet!~ She urged herself, ~This is no time to be caught on your knees.~

She winced as she stood and stared for a moment in the direction of the trees. The haunting mockery of that voice just beyond her sight warned of possible treachery ahead.

~An ambush. It has to be. . .~

Red quickly surveyed the area surrounding her. There had to be a way to bypass whoever it was ahead and come up from behind. Could she manage to flank in this state? Would she crash through the brush like a stampeding animal, giving her location away? Would it be better to retreat and regroup? Her eyes flickered momentarily around her to take in more of her options for egress from the indefensible clearing she now stood in.

OOC: Is there any other brush around are just the treeline 50 meters ahead?

Last edited:

Nezkrul

First Post
The Red Knight- You hear a feminine voice from the trees, "Oi, are you going to stand there in nought but your birthday suit, holding your sword?". A female human with long black flowing hair, big blue eyes, and pale skin steps out of the shadows of one of the trees. She is holding an extremely well crafted and adorned longbow, quiver full of arrows on her hip, and a well made backpack on her shoulders. "Are you injured? Do you need some... help?", she grins as she asks.

GM: You notice that the female human and you are the only people within a quick glance around. There is smoke rising from a pyre in the distance, still burning high.

Sheela- The area is indeed the dire bat's lair. Small piles of guano lie at the bases of the bigger trees, and the area is littered with the skeletons and bones of small and medium game animals.

Kossuth- Your source of light and darkvision reveal that the tunnel is a slightly winding and leading downward at about a 20 degree angle, deeper into the mountain side. All of the beetles and remaining worms have scurried into recesses, crevasses, or out of sight. You can still hear the downpour outside, running water in the tunnel, and dripping water everywhere echoes.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Seeing no immediate threats Thaklor pulls a blanket from the bag and lays it out upon the floor to and proceeds to sort out his belongings. He wastes no time in donning his gear and clerics vestments.

GM: If you wish to rest, you may do so. You fall asleep quickly, listening to the background noise of water dripping in a cave. Your sleep is dreamless, and when you wake and stir, beetles and worms scurry out from under your bedroll and blanket. Without seeing the sun and not being accustomed to being underground, you are unsure of how long you slept but it felt good. You wake with your exhaustion and fatigue removed, and you heal hitpoints as if you had rested for 9 hours. The rain has not let up, you can still hear the downpour through the earth. You may prepare spells, now (send me a PM on facebook with your prepped list)

Liltroll2

Explorer
Sheela bites her lower lip and starts to back up slowly. "Listen. I didn't mean to stumble in here." she offers to the creature. "I really didn't I just It, Honestly I don't know how I got here." Her eyes narrow. "Wait. DID YOU...bring me here?" she settles to ask. "I am not a snack, I barely bathe so I doubt I taste good."

GM: The dire bat squeaks again, but even shorter and higher pitched. I puffs out a breathe and snorts a little, but continues watching you.

If you want to influence the bat, you can attempt Wild Empathy. You also feel a possible attraction to the direbat, should you choose to perform the ritual required to make it your animal companion

drydenofasturia

First Post
Feeling doltish and indeed realizing that she must look quite a sorry state with nary armor or shield, Red relaxes, but only slightly. The pain, still fresh, brings her to take a knee again. She lets out a heavy sigh.

~Quite certain that if she wanted me dead, I would be already. Besides, she's a ranger. Pretty, but a ranger. If she tries anything shady, I'm certain I can take her out. Not like this though, and I'm almost ashamed to say it, but. . .~

"I think I just may." Red bit back her pride. "A hand would be nice. Yes"

Nezkrul

First Post
The Red Knight- The woman looks around the area one last time before stepping out completely. She moves quickly to your side, lightly and silently. "Do you have any clothes to put on, or some armor?", she asks. "There a right large group of ogres went rampaging through here not too long ago, don't know if they'll come back, but you'll need more than your sword to take them on." She helps you open your satchel wide enough to pull anything out that you might need, and offers her arm to steady you. "I've got a healing potion if you need it. You don't look hurt, but you do look sickly." "Oh, and my name's Aurelia, what's yours?" she ponders.
b18b0bafa0930318452a37c4494d11a2.jpg

GM: After Aurelia points it out, you see the ground does have abnormally large foot prints, and quite a few distinct sets.

Last edited:

Liltroll2

Explorer
Sheela reaches around before her hand settles upon a pack. Opening it up. she pulls out a few things. "listen." She starts out towards the bat, "we can chat and part, or we can be friends.." she offers, "But I am exhausted." Sheela chuckles quietly and moves to an area that doesn't have any poop. "And honestly, your home looks to be a wizard's wet dream in regards to fireballs. Soo." She spreads out a bedroll on a bare patch of floor, "What do you say? You mind sharing your home for, a few hours, promise not to eat me, and when I get up we ah..." she shrugs, "part ways, iF you follow me that is cool to." sheela beams at the bat.

GM: Wild Empathy check, d20+12; 24, then another 15; result- over the course of a few minutes talking to the direbat, you manage to assuage its curiousness of you potentially being food, and it leaves you in peace to do as you wish, as it too, takes a rest.

You rest in your bedroll, and have a dreamless sleep. When you wake, the direbat isn't in his lair, but you regain hitpoints for resting for at least 8 hours, and your exhaustion and fatigue are gone. You can prepare your spells, now. (send me a list in a facebook pm)

Remove ads