D&D 5E Warlock Magic Item Christmas Wish list

Joe Pickens

First Post
I like those two you've chosen I played a game where the DM didn't limit the amount of Attuned Items we can have, and made it possible to have up to 2 bonus actions. I added Rod of the Pact Keeper +3, Tome of Leadership and Influence, Robes of the Archmagi, Illusionists Bracers (Allows you to cast cantrips as a bonus action), and Wand of the War Mage +3.

My character was a Halfling so I could reroll if I rolled a natural 1. This is when I was a level 9. 3 of the levels went towards Warlock as a Hexblade pact of the tome, I obviously chose Eldritch Blast (E.B.). To power up the cantrip I chose Eldritch Spear (to increase the range of E.B. to 300ft), and agonizing Blast. 4 went to Sorcerer with the origin of Shadow Magic. I picked up Spell Sniper as a feat at level four (to improve the range of E.B. to 600 ft). For the metamagic feats pick Distant (to make the E.B. distance go to 1200 ft) and Quicken Spell (To cast E.B. as a bonus action.) Then dump 2 levels into fighter, which allows you to use an action surge which isn't a bonus action but allows another action.

I did this and at level 9, I could deal with my E.B. 6x(1d10 + CHA) at the distance of 1200 ft (That's a quarter of a mile) or 8x(1d10 + CHA) at the distance of 600 ft.

Last edited:

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
1.Wand of the War mage +3 stacks with Rod of the Pact keeper +3 for a might +6 to hit

2.If you can go legendary... The Dragon Masks from Rise of Tiamat are official, Red might be the best but I actually prefer green the key here is "Draconic Majesty. While you are wearing no armor, you can add your Charisma bonus to your Armor Class." This stacks with your Barbarian Unarmored Defense because its a + to AC not an override to the AC formula. With Tomb of Leadership and Influence you can theoretically have a AC10 + 5 con +6 Cha +2 shield for a mighty 23AC... also you get 1 legendary resistance per day and you can breath underwater... Its a story item and legendary so I would say its unlikely... but if your making a wish list... why not?

...its a bit tanky but I just imagine rising slowly out of the water hunt enemies... Might want to leave it off if you want to lean toward caster.

3. Ring of spell storing is great for more caster based warlocks particularly at lower levels when you have pact slots that are 1 or 2. When you hit level 5 you can only cast one spell in it directly, however, if you take magic initiate warlock then hex as your fist level spell, you can add it once a day for 5 days. Also, you can have scrolls made for level 1-5 warlock spells.. but then you could also just use the scrolls...

4. Cape of the Mountebank does not require attunement and lets you cast diminution door once a day so you and one friend of equal size can escape a bad situation once a day.

5. Amulet of Health if your charisma is not 19 and your not going to take it their or to 20. Adds to your health and concentration saves.

6. Mantle of Spell Resistance gives you advantage vs all spell saves (not magical abilities) or its Spellguard Shield very rare big brother, which you can use since you can carry shields effects all magical saves and all spell attacks against you are rolled at disadvantage with is massive.

7. Rings of Shared Suffering does not require attunement, give the other one to your healer if you have one in your party. Typically as a ranged caster you are more able to avoid damage and keeping the healer alive might keep you alive in the long run. You can also turn it off with an action if your getting hurt badly so you don't drop.

8.Wand of Magic Detection does not require attunement, since your a warlock with limited spell slots a wand that lets you cast detect magic without a spell slot becomes way more handy then other classes more so if your the primary magic user for the party and they expect you to be all magic capable all the time.

… These are off the top of my head. I play a warlock so I have kind of filtered through before for fun. The only other things that come to mind are elven chain mail which you don't need and Robe of the Archmagi which would replace your unarmored defense with a AC15+ dex and also stacks with shield / Dragon masks and acts as a replacement for the number 7 items as well as its bonus to spell DC stacks with the rod of the pact keeper for a possible +5 spell DC however while its attunable by warlocks it also pretty much voids your 1 level in barbarian... so their is that.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The Ring of Spell Storing is also a great item for warlocks. If you take a short rest with an unused spell slot, you can store a spell in the ring for later use. Other spellcasters can also store spells in it for you. If you have a wizard in your party, for example, he could store 5 castings of the shield spell in the ring.

I second a ring of spell storing for warlock. Ours has made great use f it.

ClaytonCross

I like those two you've chosen I played a game where the DM didn't limit the amount of Attuned Items we can have, and made it possible to have up to 2 bonus actions. I added Rod of the Pact Keeper +3, Tome of Leadership and Influence, Robes of the Archmagi, Illusionists Bracers (Allows you to cast cantrips as a bonus action), and Wand of the War Mage +3.

My character was a Halfling so I could reroll if I rolled a natural 1. This is when I was a level 9. 3 of the levels went towards Warlock as a Hexblade pact of the tome, I obviously chose Eldritch Blast (E.B.). To power up the cantrip I chose Eldritch Spear (to increase the range of E.B. to 300ft), and agonizing Blast. 4 went to Sorcerer with the origin of Shadow Magic. I picked up Spell Sniper as a feat at level four (to improve the range of E.B. to 600 ft). For the metamagic feats pick Distant (to make the E.B. distance go to 1200 ft) and Quicken Spell (To cast E.B. as a bonus action.) Then dump 2 levels into fighter, which allows you to use an action surge which isn't a bonus action but allows another action.

I did this and at level 9, I could deal with my E.B. 6x(1d10 + CHA) at the distance of 1200 ft (That's a quarter of a mile) or 8x(1d10 + CHA) at the distance of 600 ft.

I did not know about Illusionists Bracers....(0.0) ...that is … wow... talk about a high level power bump for caster warlocks. I have a pact of the tome warlock if I could choice 3 attument items...

Pact Keeper +3, Robes of the Archmagi, and Illusionists Bracers I would be one happy warlock caster. Pipe dream but wow... /drool

Thanks for dropping that, I might just pick up Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica now.

Ganders

Explorer
All the best high level items have been noted (correctly). But some of my favorites are Cloak of Protection and Luckstone (Stone of Good Luck).

For a very specific reason: these plus proficiency in Con saves can quickly get you to a point where you maintain concentration even if you roll a 1. There's just something really psychologically satisfying when you don't have to roll to maintain concentration, you can just skip the roll altogether.

ClaytonCross

All the best high level items have been noted (correctly). But some of my favorites are Cloak of Protection and Luckstone (Stone of Good Luck).
For a very specific reason: these plus proficiency in Con saves can quickly get you to a point where you maintain concentration even if you roll a 1. There's just something really psychologically satisfying when you don't have to roll to maintain concentration, you can just skip the roll altogether.

Ring of protection is more expensive but it opens up your cloak slot for a Cape of the Mountebank for its lack of attunement requirement but not a bad call for sure.

Looking in that vain of thought Ioun stone (Mastery) adds to proficiency bonus, so with Resilient(con) your getting a +3 to +7 bonus to concentration saves, it also adds 1 to spell hit and DC so if you combine it with Rod of the Pact Keeper III and Robes of the Arch Mage your spell DC is +6 as lvl20 your looking at DC25.... DC26 if you managed to get the tome of leadership.

Last edited:

Remove ads