Sheriff of Nottingham

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just played this this evening. Enjoyed it immensely! I love the bartering/bluffing element. Anybody else tried it?

pdzoch

Explorer
Yep. A very good game. Part of the Dice Tower Essentials line. The trick is knowing when to bluff. It is all about gaming the Sheriff, and knowing the person playing the Sheriff. Always sparks lots of post game banter.

Sent via magic sending while journeying on a quest.

Jhaelen

First Post
Well, I've read that the best strategy in the game is actually not to bluff, ever.
Even if that isn't completely true, it didn't exactly help to spark my interest in actually playing the game.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I've read that the best strategy in the game is actually not to bluff, ever.
Even if that isn't completely true, it didn't exactly help to spark my interest in actually playing the game.

I did that. Came last by a large margin.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth

I did that in the last game I played and came in second. But the winner had a significant lead and the third and fourth place were close on my heels.

I want to like this game because I love bluffing games but I just can't figure out how to play it well. I do very well reading people when we play games with elements of lying, like Diplomacy, but I can't read the same players when the interaction is so limited (e.g., "Three chickens."). I guess I'm not that good at reading people in those circumstances so the decisions I make as the Sheriff feel uninformed to me.

Yes! Several times. It's best with 4-5. It's a fun game that teaches you which of your friends can bluff, which can't, and what grudge matches are all about.

Remove ads