D&D 5E Night Hag's Nightmare Haunting

jasper

Rotten DM
Ok See Invisibility, and True Seeing allows you to see into the Ethereal plane and Wall of Force also blocks things on the ethereal plane.
Nightmare Haunting Drains 5 hit points from maximum hit points, no rest benefit and must the touched must be for an hour long. Can be stopped by Protect from Good and Evil, Magic Circle. When does a non sleeping pc notice the person is having visions? When does the sleeping pc notice the attack?
No save dc is listed. So is there one? Can 2 or more hags gain up on 1 person?

aco175

Legend
I would think that sleeping people not getting the rest they require would be fairly noticeable. I would think that that the sleeping character would shaking and moaning like having a nightmare. The first night may pass without much thought until the DM tells the player that his character does not get the nights rest and take 5 HP off for the day. After the 2nd night all the players will now want to find out what is up and start rolling intelligence checks.

I would think that 2 hags haunting 1 PC would be very rare. With so many normal people that they could kill in a day or two they would need a significant reason to gain up on the PC. Also 2 night hags getting together may not happen in the first place. This is why covens are only 1 hag of each type.

I would think that sleeping people not getting the rest they require would be fairly noticeable. I would think that that the sleeping character would shaking and moaning like having a nightmare. The first night may pass without much thought until the DM tells the player that his character does not get the nights rest and take 5 HP off for the day. After the 2nd night all the players will now want to find out what is up and start rolling intelligence checks.

I would think that 2 hags haunting 1 PC would be very rare. With so many normal people that they could kill in a day or two they would need a significant reason to gain up on the PC. Also 2 night hags getting together may not happen in the first place. This is why covens are only 1 hag of each type.

Covens can be any type of hag in any number. Not just 1 of each.

jasper

Rotten DM
Thanks guys. I reading up on Season 3 and there is a coven in one of the modules. I just see how to fairly judge it if I have the hags be sneaky and hide on the ethereal plane. Then do a slow hp attack .

Remove ads