It feels great to be back in the saddle!

psychophipps

Explorer
Just ran my first session of a new campaign last Sunday. I had to do some tweaks and give some reminders of how the rules are stated. Used point build but with 30 total points as we have a Gawd Roller in the group that regularly starts with two 18+ stats.

First was the lizard folk AC thing. Two players (including Gawd Roller) thought it was 3 free AC for Monks and Barbarians. Not the case, boys.

Second was the mad scramble when I asked them how much they're carrying. The shocked look on their faces when they realised that encumbrance was A THING and STR 8 might not have been the great strategic decision they thought it was...Ahh, truly delicious.

Third was when I reminded them that natural healing was 8 hours to roll hit dice to heal and a full week is for a full rest as I had stated before. Well, let's just say that the sound of the Pucker Factor slamming doors shut reverberated for several minutes in the room.

Best quote so far, "Wait a minute... Harder difficulty, weight matters, limited healing and bonfires (great can trip, BTW)? We #$&@ing *are* playing Dark Souls..."

Remove ads