• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It feels great to be back in the saddle!

psychophipps

Explorer
Just ran my first session of a new campaign last Sunday. I had to do some tweaks and give some reminders of how the rules are stated. Used point build but with 30 total points as we have a Gawd Roller in the group that regularly starts with two 18+ stats.

First was the lizard folk AC thing. Two players (including Gawd Roller) thought it was 3 free AC for Monks and Barbarians. Not the case, boys.

Second was the mad scramble when I asked them how much they're carrying. The shocked look on their faces when they realised that encumbrance was A THING and STR 8 might not have been the great strategic decision they thought it was...Ahh, truly delicious.

Third was when I reminded them that natural healing was 8 hours to roll hit dice to heal and a full week is for a full rest as I had stated before. Well, let's just say that the sound of the Pucker Factor slamming doors shut reverberated for several minutes in the room.

Best quote so far, "Wait a minute... Harder difficulty, weight matters, limited healing and bonfires (great can trip, BTW)? We #$&@ing *are* playing Dark Souls..."

Remove ads