Conjuration Wizard 2/Thief Rogue 3

faria

First Post
I decided to make my next character a Conjuration Wizard 2/Thief Rogue 3. I want to be able to conjure items and use them as bonus actions on the same turn. So many fun possibilities.

I need help optimizing this though. Any suggestions as to where I should go from here? Should I go with Thief or Wizard after this? I could make a Thief who conjures items like rope and keys to help him break into places. Or a fast-handed Wizard who pockets scrolls and magic items to study later. Not sure which would be more optimal though... I'd guess that casting 3 levels behind is harder than fighting 2 levels behind...

I also don't know how I should build just the first 5 levels. Maybe start with the 2 Wizard levels and then go Rogue 3?

What race would you use? What feats would be good for this?

faria

First Post
I'd have fun doing either honestly. I think a Thief with Find Familiar, Jump, and Catapault has some potential, especially that last one when combined with my ability to conjure any item.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I think where you go depends on what the rest of your party is casters go more rogue, not so many casters go wizard.

I think wizard will end up better in the king rub because caster but you have a decent ranged option.

How would you build the first 5 levels? What races are best? What feats are good for this combo?

Not sure about how to build the first five levels but for race, the obvious choice is High Elf. The race is tailor-made for this multiclass -- +2 Dex, +1 Int, darkvision, automatic proficiency in the perception skill, elven weapon proficiencies, advantage vs. charm magic, immunity to sleep magic and a bonus cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list!

Feat wise, Resilient (Constitution) and War Caster are worth considering for concentration checks and general survivability. Lucky is good for everyone.

Last edited:

faria

First Post
What material is available?

Only official stuff, no UA. High Elf sounds like a solid choice.

I'd love to try out one of the new Volo races, but I haven't looked through the book yet. Mine just arrived! Don't the cat people/bird people get DEX and INT too?

Only official stuff, no UA. High Elf sounds like a solid choice.

I'd love to try out one of the new Volo races, but I haven't looked through the book yet. Mine just arrived! Don't the cat people/bird people get DEX and INT too?

No. The Kenku get +2 Dex and +1 Wis and the Tabaxi get +2 Dex and +1 Cha. Both make good rogues due to the Dex bonus and some other special abilities, but for a Rogue/Wizard multiclass I think the high elf is more optimized.

Last edited:

Remove ads