D&D 5E 5e Hardcore: Monster Manual

dave2008

Legend
I have uploaded the Solar Champion to the Celestials section. I am not satisfied with this one. I was caught between updating the 5e version or take it closer to the power level of the 1e version (akin to demon lords and archdevils). I will have to revisit this later.

I am taking a short break from the angels and working on an update of the Mummy Lord next per [MENTION=5889]Stalker0[/MENTION] 's request.

dave2008

Legend
Loving this work so far! My request is a revamp of the mummy lord. To this date the absolute most disappointing creature for its CR my group has seen to date. Its defense is so low a stiff breeze can kill it.

Anything besides the low defenses (AC and HP) that didn't work for you? I am reviewing "greater mummies" from past editions as a revise the Mummy Lord (Mummy, Pharaoh in my version), but other than the oddly low HP the Mummy Lord has some interesting abilities that I would think would make it an interesting fight.

Well I made it at CR 22 elite, so you think that is basically good?
Do'h - well I actually missed what CR you made it, I just focused on answering your question.... Sorry. But yeah, I think it's good.
In general, I think you should aim for your creations to be within one or two of the the MM's CR for those monsters that are replacements and not variants of WotC monsters. One point of the hardcore monsters is to beef up the performance within the given CR, right?

Remove ads