• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Suggestions for first character (rolled stats)

Insomneac

First Post
Joined a PF group for beginners. The GM is only allowing core and Unchained to keep things simple. I rolled 16, 13, 12, 11, 11, 9. If I want to go martial, am I stuck going two handed fighter/barb?

ccs

41st lv DM
Joined a PF group for beginners. The GM is only allowing core and Unchained to keep things simple. I rolled 16, 13, 12, 11, 11, 9. If I want to go martial, am I stuck going two handed fighter/barb?

No. In fact you can make a martial character who's almost equally adept at both melee & range.
Put the 16 in either str or dex (I'd choose dex as you'll also help your AC & Reflex save) & raise that 13 to a 15 (STR if you choose Human, 1/2elf, or 1/2orc as your race).
If you want to be an elf? Put the 16 in Str, raise that 13 to a 15 for dex, & use the 12 for your con (because you'll lose 2 pts & you don't want to end up with a penalty in your con!).

And remember, the race you choose will modify your stats.
Feats will also play a role.
You'll also get a stat increase every 4 lvs.

Play any class that you want. Sometimes, characters with "flaws" are more fun in the end. I played in a 3.5 campaign where the wizard character had a strength of 3. He started up with a low score and had a few misadventures. He could not carry much and he could barely lift his wands. He ended up crafting a belt of Giant strength at a higher level but his character was a lot of fun in the meantime.

Don't forget that clerics make good marital characters.

Last edited:

Remove ads