Pathfinder 1E Suggestions for first character (rolled stats)

Insomneac

First Post
Joined a PF group for beginners. The GM is only allowing core and Unchained to keep things simple. I rolled 16, 13, 12, 11, 11, 9. If I want to go martial, am I stuck going two handed fighter/barb?

ccs

41st lv DM
Joined a PF group for beginners. The GM is only allowing core and Unchained to keep things simple. I rolled 16, 13, 12, 11, 11, 9. If I want to go martial, am I stuck going two handed fighter/barb?

No. In fact you can make a martial character who's almost equally adept at both melee & range.
Put the 16 in either str or dex (I'd choose dex as you'll also help your AC & Reflex save) & raise that 13 to a 15 (STR if you choose Human, 1/2elf, or 1/2orc as your race).
If you want to be an elf? Put the 16 in Str, raise that 13 to a 15 for dex, & use the 12 for your con (because you'll lose 2 pts & you don't want to end up with a penalty in your con!).

And remember, the race you choose will modify your stats.
Feats will also play a role.
You'll also get a stat increase every 4 lvs.

Play any class that you want. Sometimes, characters with "flaws" are more fun in the end. I played in a 3.5 campaign where the wizard character had a strength of 3. He started up with a low score and had a few misadventures. He could not carry much and he could barely lift his wands. He ended up crafting a belt of Giant strength at a higher level but his character was a lot of fun in the meantime.

Don't forget that clerics make good marital characters.

Last edited:

Remove ads