Kit's Animals & Vermin + Templates = Sadistic Fun thread

Krishnath

First Post
Kitsune: You think that is bad. I have three hobbies that all cost money. And I'm on a constant limited budget, not that I am complaining mind you :D

Anyways, save up to buy savage species, Put away a few bucks each week and you would have enough money to but the book sometime around X-mas :p

Knight: That rocks :cool:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kitsunekaboom said:
Being unemployed is not helpful in this situation. -_-

I know how you feel Kit. I'm just barely able to get by with the limited help of my family. Being on disability and not having any steady income really bites.

Good thing I have benefited from my colaboration with Silverthrone. Once the new versoin is out you'll see some intense templated critters designed by yours truely. :)

Of course, until then it's mums-the-word.

KF72

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Just to bump things up here.

Bodak is from Dragon Magazine 307. Not much background info on these guys but still, I'm sure they will prove amusing for somebody. :D

Howling Curse (Dire Wolf/Hyena + Bodak)
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 6d12 (39)
Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Speed: 40 Ft
AC: 19 (-1 Size, +4 Dex, +6 Natural)
Attacks: Bite +11 melee, Slam +5 melee
Damage: 1d8+11 bite, Slam 2d6+5
Face/Reach: 5 Ft. By 10ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Trip, Death Gaze
Special Qualities: Scent, Damage Reduction 15/silver, Darkvision 60’, Electricity Immunity, Flashbacks, Acid and Fire resistance 20, Sunlight Vulnerability, Undead
Saves: Fort:-, Ref: +9, Will: +7
Abilities: Str:27, Dex:15, Con:-, Int:2, Wis:12, Cha:12
Skills: Hide +6, Listen +7, Move Silently +6, Spot +7, Wilderness Lore +2*
Feats: Nil
Climate/Terrain: Any land
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (7-16)/Clan 4-80
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None/10% goods, 10% items
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 7-8 HD (Large)

A Howling Curse is a wolf that was slain by the purest touch of evil. They roam wastelands, destroying the lives of others and bringing more bodaks into the world as they go. Their pack tactics and death gaze makes them far deadlier than most humanoid bodak.

Combat

A favorite tactic is to send a few individuals against the foe’s front while the rest of the pack circles and attacks from the flanks and rear.

Damage Reduction (Su): A howling curse ignores 15 points of damage from most weapons and natural attacks; the wounds heal immediately. A silver weapon deals full damage.

Death Gaze (Su): A howling curse’s gaze brings death. A fortitude save DC 14 negates. It has a range of 30 feet. Any corporeal creature (except constructs, plants, oozes, and undead) slain by this gaze become bodaks in one day.

Energy Resistance (Ex): A howling curse ignores the first 20 points of acid and fire damage.

Flashbacks (Ex): From time to time a howling curse sees something that reminds it of its almost-forgotten life. At the start of every encounter, there is a 5% chance that it notices something about an opponent (randomly determined, if more than one opponent is present) that causes it to recall its life. If this happens, the bodak takes no action for 1 round and thereafter suffers a –2 morale penalty to attacks directed at that opponent.

Sunlight Vulnerability (Ex): Howling curses loathe sunlight, for its merest touch burns their impure flesh. Each round of exposure to the direct rays of the sun deals 1 point of damage to the howling curse.

Trip (Ex): A howling curse that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action (see page 139 in the PHB) without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the howling curse.

Undead: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.

Skills: Howling curse receive a +4 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks when tracking by scent.

Last edited:

Remove ads