Pathfinder 1E Crowns of Ice - A Tale of Blood and Betrayal - Chapter I - The Isle of Heildam

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], I meant speak 'alone', on the ship. Astrid would safe and proper :) Arvid doesn't know you know about the cult.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], I meant speak 'alone', on the ship. Astrid would safe and proper :) Arvid doesn't know you know about the cult.

OOC: OOC: I know, but she doesn't know that you AREN'T part of the cult yet, she doesn't want to be even remotely alone with you right now! Lol As in, without her Dad, Thorir or Eben... but it'll get sorted out at the table I'm sure.

If not, or it's something else, she will certainly speak with you, no worries ;)

She got pregnant by a bastard "heathen"... do you think she ACTUALLY cares about proper?? :p

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Neurotic

She got pregnant by a bastard "heathen"... do you think she ACTUALLY cares about proper?? :
OOC: Those reborn Christians are always the worst :p
(no offense to anyone, I'm Christian, just a cliche saying)

She untangled from her father and approached Arvid.

"Greetings Master Ingvarson, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am sorry you had to come all this way to retrieve me. I do know of Thorir, as I know you do as well. I would speak with you, though you understand it's not proper for a Lady to be alone with a male not of her family. Perhaps you can speak with me here while my father is still present, before we set out for Grandael?"

Arvid bows slightly at her approach.
"It can wait Lady, I wouldn't want to put additional strain to this situation. Lets get you from this island."
He follows the family, limping slightly behind, keeping his eyes peeled for any hidden watchers.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: For ease of use:

Alec and his men follow Astrid, they walk only a short distance to the west before heading around a small rise. They emerge into a clearing. In the clearing there is a long make shift table set up with tree trunks as stools around it. The table is laid out with fish and root vegetables freshly roasted. Bottles of wine are lined up along the table. At the far end of the table sits a tall warrior, a man Alec must assume to be the SeaKing.

The moment he sees the Sea King, he casts his spell again, subtly. (Being a sorcerer, he doesn't need cheap material components). He scans Thorir's thoughts about his next of kin, and finds...he means his daughter no harm. In fact, he seems intent on helping her, for he hates Einar. Did he even mean to take Alec's daughter, or was it random chance? One way to find out.

"Thorir Volundson," Alec says as he approaches the table. He found most people grew unsettled when he stated things he shouldn't know. It's why he learned this particular spell. "Where is your brother, Eben. He is here, is he not?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Thorir stands to greet his guests. "I see your daughter has told you my name" grinned Thorir nonplussed. "Welcome Jarl Alec MacTier, please be seated, you and your men, and enjoy the meager offerings of my table. My apologies it does not match the table my brother could offer you. As for Eben, he sits here by my side, I know it has been been many years, but do you not recognize the father of your granddaughter?"

Upon being introduced a young man on Thorir's right stands. His jaw is set as though awaiting a verbal or physical assault. He give a small nod of his head to Alec saying "Well met again Jarl MacTier" before sitting down again. Thorir takes his seat as well.

Neurotic

"Well met, Thorir. Good to see you in good health." Arvid greets Sea King with a nod.
"You need to hear about Einar. You all do. But tell your tale first - we may have more in common than you think." he sits at the table, leaving enough space for Jarl to sit closer to the head of the table (as befits his rank) - but no space for Astrid. As a woman and "only" Jarls daughter, he outranks her and he sits so that she can sit across from him, but not "above" him.

OOC: traditionalist, if you couldn't see it earlier

Fenris

Adventurer
Thorir's grin grew into a large smile and he stood up and walked around the table. "Arivd? Is that you?" asks Thorir embracing his old mentor. "I am glad to see you Kenna*. It bodes well you if you still serve my father." Thorir returns to the head of the table.

*Teacher

Neurotic

"Good to see you too, elev*, still running wild instead of helping your father. Einar is in trouble."
He motions with his cane
"As you can see, things change in time. Hunting accident, nothing glorious. Tell us your story" - he includes all of them - "And I'll tell of Volundsons."

Elev* = Pupil (Interesting note: Kenna is teacher in swedish, norvegian and islandic, while elev is only is swedish and norvegian, while icelanders have their own word)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Astrid followed behind her father and stood by him as he greeted the Sea King. She had always been welcome at her father's court, and had years of education in diplomacy but this suddenly felt very different than anything she had been trained in or exposed to.

When her father asked for Eben her heart seized up. She'd no idea how her father would react to seeing him here. She did know how angry her father had been at Eben for leaving and not returning, and who knows what might have happened if things had not turned out the way they did. Perhaps the years had softened his anger?

It was the strangest sensation, having walked into that gathering, certain to be by her father's side. When the father of her child came into view though, she suddenly felt as if she should be sitting by him instead, which of course was madness because he was not even the man she had been on her way to marry. She took a little step closer to her father. She would never betray him like that.

It would now be impossible to discuss fully what they needed to with Einar's man here. They would have to find a way around that.

She waited for her father to sit before she would take hers.

"Now that we are all here, I am hoping we can have a civil discussion, to move forward from the events that have occurred over the past day. With no bloodshed."
she added hopefully, with a pointed look at Thorir.

Fenris

Adventurer
Thorir signals a few of his younger crew who come to the table and start pouring mulled wine and ale, and serving roast venison, smoked fish, and roasted vegetables.

Thorir picks up his mug with wine holds it aloft "To my honored company. 'When a guest comes, he will need food and drink, give a warm welcome, friendly speech and listen to his tales.' " Thorir takes a drink. "Now my guests, I know we have much to discuss. Much has happened in the last few days. I think I know the bulk of the tale, but I do need to hear from Kenna Arvid before I can finish my tale. Where to begin?"

"It seems as if the Norns have been having some fun twisting and tangling all of our skeins together. Our wyrd has become entangled with one another, and I think we shall have to find some manner to cooperate to.....not untangle the know, but to gain what each member wants, or at least some of us."

"Let me start by apologizing to Astrid and Alec directly. I did not know who was on the ship when we boarded it. I will freely admit that I heard that Einar's bride was on board, and I did seek to cause my brother some trouble." Thorir looks to Arvid for any reaction to this. "Lo did the Norns cackle with glee as we boarded, for not only did we find Astrid, a board my ship was the father of her child, Eben." Thorir gestures in Eben's direction. Eben is nervous, but eating and drinking to conceal it. "And so when the two long lost lovers reunite it was more than a chance meeting. And so Alec, I hope that aside from my apology, you will see that the meeting was far more than chance, fate had decreed our paths to cross."

"I will leave it to Astrid to tell her tale, if she so chooses, I know it, but it is not my right to tell it, that right belongs to her, though I am sure Alec knows most of it, as does Eben. As you no doubt have heard Alec, I have released Astrid from my custody, though not my protection on the island, and will renounce my claim to any ransom. Our paths have crossed for a reason, and I think we will be able to assist each other. " Thorir looks to Arvid and pauses. "I think, however, before I or Astrid can continue this tale, we need to hear from Arvid. I would know of how my brother has taken this news, and how he fares in general, for you said he was in trouble."

Remove ads