What is up with the maps in A3 Wicked Cauldron

Just started reading through the lead-up modules to the C&C megadungeons Aufstrag and I have to say that I have never seen more confusing maps than the ones in the Wicked Cauldron. I usually love complex maps as they provide characters with multiple options (as well as their opponents the same) but is it just me or are the staircases in this module poorly labelled. I find it difficult to even determine whether a give staircase is going up or down much less where it leads to.

Has anyone out there redrawn these so they make sense?

I am going to redraw them myself because as they are I would not want to be running this module on the fly. I know TLG has had issues with editing before but geez. This I found very disappointing. Do they use the same maps and keys for the 5e version?

R

RevTurkey

You are not alone. I stopped buying their adventures after puzzling over the maps in Wicked Cauldron. I like the game though.

Netwatcher

Villager
The maps on this one are confusing. Please post your work if you redraw it, I'd love to have it for future use!

I ran this for my group and got lucky, they spotted the secret door (spoiler) on the fourth level and spared me trying to make sense of the nobles entrance versus what the temple dwellers used on the top of the ziggurat to enter. The top levels really do need to be clarified a bit, some 3-d type perspective would really help there. Their mission was to retrieve an object taken by a raider who was based out of the temple, which then turned into a prison break as one of them was captured. The group pretty much stayed on focus and I only had to use levels 5-6-7, which are mapped out sufficiently as-is.

Remove ads