D&D 5E [GUIDE] Battle On: The Fighter Guide

Undrhil

Explorer
You can make a decent WIS-based fighter by starting Variant Human with Magic Initiate: Druid. Have WIS be 16 after racial stat bump and take Shillelagh as one of your cantrips. Thorn Whip is a good 30-foot melee attack cantrip and Goodberry is a good pick-me-up that you can hand out to the other party members to make sure they can get you back up when you take more damage than you have hit points :)

I am currently playing one of these guys in Adventurer's League and he's a Banneret. His CHA is 8, though, so that Expertise with Persuasion is very helpful. :)

Hayato

Explorer
I have one question.

My character is lvl 19 Human Champion.

My stats: STR 20; DEX 14; CON 18; INT 11; WIS 12; CHA 12.
HP: 194
AC: 20
Saves: STR +13; DEX +4; CON +12; INT +2; WIS +9; CHA +4.
Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting and Archery
Feats: Resilient (Wisdom); Great Weapon Master.
Magical Items: Luckstone; Vorpal Sword; Cloak of Protection; Plate+2; Elven Boots; Longbow +2.
Iniciative: +6
Skills: Acrobatic + 6; Animal Handling + 2; Arcana +1; Athletics +12; Deception +2; History +7; Insight +2; Intimidation +8; Investigation +1; Medicine +2; Nature +1; Perception +8; Performance +2; Persuasion +8; Religion +1; Sleight of Hand +6; Stealth +6; Survival +2.
Weapons: Greatsword +11 to hit, 2d6+8 damage; Longbow +12 to hit, 1d8+4 damage.

Shoud I put the last 2 points in Constitution to have +19 HP, +1 on CON saves and checks, and have +10 HP on Survivor instead +9? Or put +2 on Dex to have +1 on all dex saves, checks, iniciative and sometimes bow attacks? Or another thing?

Remove ads