A Magic: The Gathering RP?

The Joker

First Post
Hello everybody!

iv had an odd idea lately (A dream actually) about running a RP based around Magic: The Gathering (referred to as MTG) using the cards as a bases and creative writing as a narrative base. i have no plan as for what plane it will be on or even fully on how to pull of something like this, but i really want to at least try and do something like how i imagined.

thoughts? do you think im being to ambitious? or with some work, do you think we can get something going?

let me know down below.

Cheers!

ccs

41st lv DM
I think D&D would serve your purposes just fine.
Add your favorite MTG bits & pieces, draw up some maps, write up some adventures, & go....

The Joker

First Post
only hickup, im thinking Pre Mending vinage. biyond God level power. thats why dnd wont work. it has a power cap but i still want to use this site becouse... i dont know, register your deck list maby? im still working out the kinks but im thinking a massive magic game thats moves are translated into a narrative.

i think...

ccs

41st lv DM
only hickup, im thinking Pre Mending vinage. biyond God level power. ...

? I don't know what you're talking about. Explain?
Or maybe translate if your phone auto-corrected what you really wrote?

thats why dnd wont work. it has a power cap but i still want to use this site becouse... i dont know, register your deck list maby? im still working out the kinks but im thinking a massive magic game thats moves are translated into a narrative.

i think...

So you & I are not thinking of the same type of game at all?

The Joker

First Post
as for "vintage", that is a format of card selections that includes all cards ever printed in MTG. like the planes walkers of old, we will have accsess to power, undremept of by other mortals. lol

as for your planeswalker, idk. im thinking we custom make ourselves but will have access to any legendary cards we need. but only one copy each. like no two people may have Rorix bladewing as there is only one in exsistance.

still working on the ideas but all are welcome. :3

Remove ads