Will the real martial artist please stand up...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So one thought involves bringing the monk into martial by having a Monk Build which is atleast partly martial.

It seems they really do not have a sword/katana using monk style.

The monk represents a even more mobile and multi-enemy emphasized melee striker... than the ranger.

An ingredient I heard they might actually need was the ability to turn that multi-enemy capability into single target once in a while?

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I find yes the flavor and function of the original monk is even better derived of martial classes
However after further examination and seeing things like this at-will ...

SteelWind.png

it looks very worth while as a multi-target, very mobile combatant.

Last edited:

Yeah, though I was never sure what the point of these '2 for one' powers was if the idea was to give some cool movement modes, then why not do it as part of a build? Failing that why not go all out and just make it a single power so you could do something like "target every enemy within 2 squares of any square you passed through" or something like that?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
"target every enemy within 2 squares of any square you passed through" or something like that?

That is how I was designing some Fighter, Barbarian and Rogue moves.

I am not sure about why they vaguely tied the movement to a particular attack.. aside from another case where the game tries to enforce variety.

However its still over come by the problem of specialization killing it as if you think about it with most people only using 1 at-will you just basically picked a build movement style.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Cu chulain had a chariot charge ability where he was able to attack everyone on every side of the moving chariot as it moved... ie a power that does exactly what you mention. and works fine while mounted of course.

Remove ads