Rise of the Necromancer IC

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lola throws Boros an incredulous look at his comment before speaking herself.

"They cause a lot of problems where I come from but I confess I don't know a lot of detail about them."

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

eayres33

Explorer
Severus held back a smile at Boros’s comment about the Color of Verity, “They are all those things, along with being a bunch of pompous fools, always sticking here paws in where they don’t belong.”

Severus poured himself another drink, “They are a group of mostly pompous monks, along with some self-righteous clerics and paladins, who spend most of their time telling others how they are living their lives wrong. They try to take what they can from the strong and determined and give it to the weak. They fight against the very nature of the world.”

Severus took a drink and smiled, “And unfortunately for people like us, they fight well, much better than the rulers of these lands.”

“Here in Crevasse City the Order of Verity is run by a self-important little whelp named Reign Tomas. He is a human paladin and he is held in high esteem throughout the city, and the Alliance for that matter. What I need you to do is to remove him from his seat of power in the Order.”

“Now you could kill him, I would be more than pleased with that, but he is not an easy man to get to, and he is a more than formidable opponent, even for a group of your size. If you could discredit, him or somehow being shame or scandal upon his head, well that would cost him his seat in Verity and would leave him a broken man. I would very much like to see that, to bath myself in his sorrow.”

“Regardless of how it happens I need Reign broken, either in body or spirit, with him out of the way the Order will fall into disorder. I have a man on the inside that is in position to seize control of the order in this city, from there he will be able to report on their activities and oppose or slow any moves they make against my plan, I mean my master’s plan.” Severus frowned and put his half-full glass down.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Verily, be it yours or your master's plan" smiled Casca at his own pun "is immaterial. Or could be depending on the material you are offering. So should Tomas fall, whether by death, dishonor, or disgrace, what would the compensation be. Or reward?" adds Casca quickly as his eyes darted to Boros.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Boros feels validated by the attention he's given, which he unconsciously interprets as praise. "Should sufficient compensation be offered, I am more than glad to help. I have a certain predisposition against fanatics."

Mentally Boros looks at the group and simply assumes the dragonborn and gnoll are muscle. The woman seems like she knows things he does not, not that he'll admit it. And this Casca fellow is quite a bit more on point. Better not to look the fool in front of him.

"I know more than one way to dishonor a man... not like that's happened to me a few times..."

Fradak

Explorer
Djahakar quickly evaluates his chances to claim this bounty.

This mission looks very tricky. To take down the Alpha male of a powerfull bunch of killers and what do we have here... a funny talker, a peppy dancer, a kooky brainer, a polite godder and a cocky lizard... This had better be worth it!

But if the Master gathered them here, they must have some qualities I can't smell and I trust the Master. They seems to like the sly approach. Remember, adapt or perish. Let's keep the surprise beheading for plan B. I'll talk about the plan B to the lizard later, I'm sure he'll like it.

"I only need one more thing, Master. What's in it for me?"

"I am sure you do." Lothoc let out a small chuckle. Which , comming from a Draconion of his size comes out more as a growl then anything else.

He the leans back in his chair and grabs his chin, thinking deeply about the proposal at hand.
"I would have to agree with the other. First let us hear more about these rewards.
your promise of power is nice but I would like some confirmation as to what you are exactly infering"

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"You mention having someone on the inside. Would it not be easier for said person to bring about the downfall of Mr. Tomas? At the very least, will this person be able to offer us assistance or information to help us get started?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

"Most likely because said person would be the first suspect if something went awery.
Hence why they need someone from the outside to do the dirty work."
Lothoc deduced.

"Ofcourse if he can help us get started that would save is alot of trouble."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lola casually sipped from her bourbon before quirking a grin, "If said person was the first to be suspected of betrayal, then they aren't positioned very well to take over an organization like this, now are they?"

Remove ads