Rise of the Necromancer IC

eayres33

Explorer
“Well he is not here that is for sure, Lady Longane," Severus said smiling, "he is actually on the way to your home town to speak with the Duchess about lending more support to the fight against the Necromancer in the east.”

Severus looked over the food at the table and grabbed a roll, “High Councilor Ortwin, has been having difficulty routing out the Necromancer. The Council says the Necromancer has raised a small army of undead, perhaps as much as a legion.”

Severus tore off a small piece of the roll and popped it in his mouth. “This development has of course caused all of the Alliance Council to be concerned.”

eayres33

Explorer
Severus looked at Casca and took a drink, “For some yes, but for others it could be seen as an opportunity.”

Leaning back in his chair Severus stretched his arms over his head before continuing, “And that brings us to why you are here. You are here because I believe you are the type of people that will see this as a fine opportunity to make a name for yourself; to secure your place in the new world order. Or if you are not as ambitious as I have been led to believe it is an opportunity for a great payday.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"A necromancer practices foul arts to animate the corpses of the dead. But this is not a necromancer. This is The Necromancer. He does much the same, but his power is vastly superior." explained Kaleban, "I presume I have been summoned to advise these others on the arts arcane."

OOC: I took a look at all our character sheets. We are not what you'd call a well-rounded party, skill-wise. Apparently I'm the only intellectual, though. (Which is funny, because I nearly always play rogues and fighters, so this should be... different!)

Fradak

Explorer
"If there are gods, they made sheep so wolves could eat mutton, and they made the weak for the strong to play with. You smell like a strong wolf to me, Master, and my axe is thirsty anyway."

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Severus watched the exchange between the group and nodded, “Yes Sentinel Stalnox, the idea is that you will be companions, that you will work together to resolve some of the challenges that lay in the way of my master’s plan.”

Turning towards Kaleban, Severus continued, “I wouldn’t say that you are here to advise the others on the arcane arts, Kaleban, though your knowledge of them is part of the reason you are here. End the end I would hope you all learn a little something from each other, that way this group will grow in power and become a formidable unit.”

Taking another drink from his cup Severus grinned at the Gnoll, “What a truly interesting thought, Djahakar Zhul, the weak being made for the benefit of the strong. I had always thought we earned or place at the top, not that we were destined to it, but that thought is intriguing. I must remember to share it with my master.”

Severus sat up a little straighter and faced the group, “But of course I’m sure you all would like to know what the actual details of the mission that I would like you to undertake. Before I get too far into it, what do you know about the Order of Verity?”

Remove ads