• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The squid faced captain makes a few arcane gestures, and slimy, swirling tentacles erupt on the party's ship, reaching for the party members!

OOC: Everyone make Dex saves! DC 16. Failure results in [roll5] bludgeoning damage and being restrained by the tentacles. Restrained can still attack, but can't move and has disadvantage on attack rolls.

As soon as the tentacles formed they disappeared as the new arrival intones a scripture
"Oghma the Binder is my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge! Your foul magic cannot hold us and disappears in the enlightment of knowledge! Begone!"

The spell never manifests and two tomes fly out from Amitiel slamming into the captain and pushing him back.

[sblock=Actions]
Reaction: Counterspell, no more spells for me
Action vs Captain:
[roll0] <-- hit! pushed back 10'
[roll1]
[roll2] <-- probably a miss, but if not, pushed another 10'
[roll3]
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad had found himself entirely unable to react for several seconds as his mind reeled from the psychic attack. The arrival of the newcomer and the invoking of his own chosen deity helped to draw him out of it though. Realizing that the attack was simply a puzzle for him to solve he put his mind to work and quickly found a way to block the noise from his mind. Wearied from his ordeal he determined to take a risk. Moving to wards the undamaged ship he held up the symbol of Oghma and shouted into the inky blackness before him with the authority of the gods in a rebuke of the unnatural creatures who now threatened them.

"Begone in the name of Oghma! Keeper of truths! Return to the halls of your gods and honor them that they might return!"

Then, realizing that he was still in great danger, the priest drew upon the power of the gods to protect him from what retribution would soon come as he backed slowly towards the center of the ship again.

[Sblock]HP: 26/48
Move: To wards the actively attacking ship and then back again as much as able to do so (after turning.)
Action: Turn Undead Wis DC 15, destroy (CR 1/2 undead)
Bonus: Casting Sanctuary Wis DC 15 to attack self.

Ooc: As far as I can tell this one is allowed as it's not 2 spells. Doesn't seem to come up on a google search though.[/Sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Begone in the name of Oghma! Keeper of truths! Return to the halls of your gods and honor them that they might return!"

Then, realizing that he was still in great danger, the priest drew upon the power of the gods to protect him from what retribution would soon come as he backed slowly towards the center of the ship again.

Party crashers head whips around at the announcement, gazing at the priest for the moment.
"We are blessed indeed, bound doing his will together."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Up to [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] to keep things rolling. I think in this case, some people are waiting to see how the turning check resolves.

Remove ads