How backwards compatible are Pathfinder adventures to 3.5e?

Gilladian

Adventurer
My campaign is still a 3.5e rules game (I run either E6 or at least tier 2 PCs and under). We are just too comfortable with the rules to change, and with my limits, we have few if any balance problems.

So, with those caveats in mind, I occasionally see a Pathfinder adventure that sounds fun, or useful, or I just crave something new and am tempted - how backwards compatible are they?

Would it take completely rewriting stat blocks? Can I fudge them? I have found that I can pretty well fudge 5e stat blocks for about CR 8 or so and below to 3.5 just fine - is Pathfinder any harder to do?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Pathfinder is closer to 3.5 than 5E is. If you can do it with 5E, you’ll have no problem with Pathfinder. The only issue you might have is references to spells and abilities and stuff you don’t recognise.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

see

Pedantic Grognard
My campaign is still a 3.5e rules game (I run either E6 or at least tier 2 PCs and under). We are just too comfortable with the rules to change, and with my limits, we have few if any balance problems.

So, with those caveats in mind, I occasionally see a Pathfinder adventure that sounds fun, or useful, or I just crave something new and am tempted - how backwards compatible are they?

Would it take completely rewriting stat blocks? Can I fudge them? I have found that I can pretty well fudge 5e stat blocks for about CR 8 or so and below to 3.5 just fine - is Pathfinder any harder to do?
Very, very compatible, and rather easier to fudge than a 5e statblock.

But don't take my word for it. Look at this NPC statblock for a fourth-level cleric from the NPC Codex, or the Bestiary 5 vukodlak. Both are links to the Pathfinder Reference Document.

Remove ads